Help OC'in x4200+ on A8R32 MVP Deluxe Also having problems withX1950XT

allshallperish

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hi, im really new to overclocking, and as i built up my specs to a decent oc system i thought i would give it a bash. I started by using the Auto OC feature of this motherboard, but the more i looked into OC'in i found that manual oc is much better. I currently have mine set to 265x9 on a 800MHZ HT Link, i havent touched ram timings all i know is that it is set to 166MHZ. Now this isnt running fully stable but the best i can get to so far, im not sure if its my GFX card causing the crash or the OC yet. here is a screenie of my CPUZ and GPUZ.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/FyreX/CPUZ.jpg

Now the problem with the X1950XT (Sapphire 512mb version) seems to be 2d/3d switching as i crash playing 3D games, and running 3DMark benchmarks, i currently havent managed to run a full one as i have started OC'ing, alough i had this problem before i even started OC'ing and thought it was my PSU that was the culprit, but i purchased a corsair PSU with sufficient amp (44) going through the 12V rail. If its any help im using 0710 BIO for this motherboard and my other components are listed below, as i said im really new to overclocking so if you could put it as simple as possible if you have any advice on what i should do to get a nice stable OC on this system and maybe get my GFX problem sorted i would class you as a geniuse :D. Thanks in advance.

Asus A8R32 MVP Deluxe
AMD X4200+ ( 265x9 ) 800MHZ HT Link
Corsair XMS 3200 (2x1GB)
Sapphire X1950XT(512mb version)
Corsair VX 550W PSU
Artic Cooling 64 Heatsink.

allshallperish

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Sorry to double post, it seems that if i run my FSB over 270 i cant get it stable as i dont know what to change and think it may be my ram holding me back, i was wondering if anyone could suggest a few things to edit here is my CPUZ atm.

CPUZ.jpg

MrT00SH0RT

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Need to know what your temps are of your cpu at full load, could be hindering your overclock. use this program to see what your temps are http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php I have the same board and love what it can do. I have my fsb at 400 at the moment and trying to keep things stable so far so good. Run the program while you use prime95 or whatever to stress your cpu to full load.