Asus Maximus Formula - SATA to IDE?

xxkmanxx

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
I jus got this new motherboard. I need to reinstall windows, but i have a problem, this mobo only has 1 IDE Floppy Connection, and 1 IDE Connection for 2 Devices (hard drives).....So i dont see how i'm going to connect my CD Drives. It has SATA connections, but i'm pretty sure i dont have SATA hard drives or CD Drives. Is there some kind of SATA to IDE adapter or something? or Am i going to have to buy new SATA CD Drives?

Thanks

I need to reinstall windows

SATA hard drives are cheap :sarcastic: . Reuse your IDE optical drives .

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
try this little gizmo...

3152857_125.jpg

http://computers.pricegrabber.com/cables-adapters/m/3152857/search=SATA+to+IDE/st=product/sv=title

Suaph

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
I could be wrong, but that 'little gizmo' sounds like the opposite of what he would need. Being he needs to go from IDE to Sata, not make Sata drives usable on an IDE connection.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Okay, you spend $250 on a motherboard,and should have known it only has one IDE connection. However, you didn't bother spend money on a SATA device for it, even though all you have is IDE devices. Really don't see the logic there. Anyway, SATA DVD-RW drives are $30, and a 160GB SATA HDD is only $50.

leon2006

Distinguished
Buy new HD instead of spending money for converting SATA to PATA. Its not worth it.

Use PATA connector for your Optical Drives. Again DVD-Writer is ~ $39

I have the same board (ASUS Maximus Formula)... All of my drives are SATA..Including the Optical Drives.