Viper9201

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone could clarify this for me, does the ABIT IP35 support the new intel E8400? The abit site says no, but on some forums I have seen people saying they're running this setup? I ask because I have one of each on order...

ABIT lists no BIOS version supporting the e8400 as of Jan. 08, which is strange. Check the product page for new BIOS releases that may support the e8400. Send ABIT support an email and ask.

Sometimes a MB will require a 'hard' revision (like better voltage regulators for example) to support new processors. Gigabyte does a lot of 'hard' revision of their boards. Mfg.'s like ASUS do fewer 'hard' MB revisions as BIOS revisions work just as well, if possible, in many cases.

http://www2.abit.com.tw/cpu-support-list/mb/intel_p35_ip35.htm

Viper9201

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks for the help guys, I did some more looking and it seems that the Abit IP35 supports 45nm, but not officially yet, for an unknown reason. Possibly due to the current misreadings with thermal sensors (anywhere between -1 and 254c at idle). So basically there are some BIOS issues which are going to be fixed (according to Abit), but the chips work.