GeForce to Quadro FX mod ???

blashyrkh

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
Hello Everyone. I would like some expertise on unlocking the "Professional" capabilities of a GPU. I currently own an Nvidia 7800GTX. I saw on the Nvidia site that the professional Quadro FX 4400 (i think, maybe a different model" has exactly the same GPU as mine and basically it's the same card more or less. I work on Autocad 2008 and I need real time rendering with textures enabled without waiting 5 sec for each frame. I read somewhere that the GPU's on the gaming cards we have are locked and can't provide acceleration for such tasks, while the quadro line has those capabilities unlocked and can perform exceptionally well on CAD progs. Through RivaTunner, there's a Tab where you can "unlock the professional capabilities of the card". By ticking that tab, am I effectively turning my Geforce into a Quadro? Is there a BIOS flash I can do to unlock my card?
Do I make any sense at all??

If you kept on reading this far you must be brave! Any input on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you all.

trunksta

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Hello.

I have just been doing it with my 8600GT. Did you install the Quadro driver afterward? did you confirm which actual processor your card has? there is a tool you can get to see exactly which processor is its called GPU-Z by Techpowerup. download it and check, then make sure you download the newest quadro driver available and it should work.. Any luck with it?