consistent view in dialog box

Hi

when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar app,
the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
manually.

is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?

Cheers

Doug
5 answers Last reply
More about consistent view dialog

    No. Use windows as designed.

    "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42e4b291$0$3271$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    > Hi
    >
    > when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar app,
    > the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
    > like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
    > manually.
    >
    > is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Doug

    David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
    'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
    through the directories and files.

    Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?

    Doug

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    No. Use windows as designed.

    "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
    > app,
    > the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
    > like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
    > manually.
    >
    > is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Doug

    Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can change the sort.

    "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42e4d7ea$0$3581$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    > David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
    > 'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
    > through the directories and files.
    >
    > Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?
    >
    > Doug
    >

    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > No. Use windows as designed.

    > "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
    >> app,
    >> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
    >> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
    >> manually.
    >>
    >> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Doug

    Once again David, thanks for your clever response. Anyone who knows
    something about windows XP and can email in a polite way would be welcome to
    respond.

    Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can
    change the sort.

    "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
    > 'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
    > through the directories and files.
    >
    > Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?
    >
    > Doug
    >

    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > No. Use windows as designed.

    > "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
    >> app,
    >> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
    >> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
    >> manually.
    >>
    >> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Doug

    If lucky you'll get the usual wrong answer that won't help. I can tell you this answer.

    "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42e4f497$0$15933$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    > Once again David, thanks for your clever response. Anyone who knows
    > something about windows XP and can email in a polite way would be welcome to
    > respond.
    >
    > Doug
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can
    > change the sort.

    > "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
    >> 'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
    >> through the directories and files.
    >>
    >> Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?
    >>
    >> Doug
    >>

    >> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    >> No. Use windows as designed.
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    >> "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
    >>> app,
    >>> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
    >>> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
    >>> manually.
    >>>
    >>> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>
    >>> Doug

Microsoft Dialog Office Windows XP