consistent view in dialog box

July 25, 2005 11:36:12 PM

Hi

when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar app,
the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
manually.

is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?

Cheers

Doug
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:50:19 AM

No. Use windows as designed.

"gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42e4b291$0$3271$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi
>
> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar app,
> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
> manually.
>
> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
>
> Cheers
>
> Doug

July 26, 2005 2:15:33 AM

David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
through the directories and files.

Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?

Doug

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
No. Use windows as designed.

"gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
> app,
> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
> manually.
>
> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
>
> Cheers
>
> Doug

July 26, 2005 2:27:15 AM

Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can change the sort.

"gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42e4d7ea$0$3581$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
> 'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
> through the directories and files.
>
> Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?
>
> Doug
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> No. Use windows as designed.

> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
>> app,
>> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
>> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
>> manually.
>>
>> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Doug

July 26, 2005 4:17:54 AM

Once again David, thanks for your clever response. Anyone who knows
something about windows XP and can email in a polite way would be welcome to
respond.

news:o 22$3QRkFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can
change the sort.

"gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
> 'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
> through the directories and files.
>
> Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?
>
> Doug
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> No. Use windows as designed.

> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "gordon" <gordononline@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar
>> app,
>> the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
>> like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
>> manually.
>>
>> is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Doug

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:29:54 AM

If lucky you'll get the usual wrong answer that won't help. I can tell you this answer.

!