Want to OC my ASUS A8N-E and San Diego CPU

dcook22

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Hi all,

I searched for a sepcific on how to OC this combination, but I guess it's too old :(

Here are my system specs:

ASUS A8N-E NF4
2 Gig Centon PC3200 (DDR1)
Gigabyte X800XL
AMD A64 3700+ San Diego
80GB Samsung SATA HDD 8MB cache
NEC DVD +/- RW
19" Samsung SyncMaster 930B

I'm going to be picking up THIS GRAPHICS CARD and 2 more gigs of the PC3200. Since socket better 939 cpu's are almost impossible to find now, I want to OC my current processor. I've never really OC'd anything, so I need some guidance. If someone can point me to a link on this site or another I'd greatly appreciate it. Or, if someone would be willing to give a brief description of what I need to do, that would also be great.

I've gone into the setup and I see where I can make adjustments. (Starting at 200 Mhz). Someone I know said they were getting 2.8 Ghz out of their san diego core. I don't expect to get that much, but I'd be very happy with 2.5 or so.

This is the memory I have installed: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2749433&CatId=1600

I don't know all the timings, but the CAS latency is 3. it is not overclocked in any way.

I appreciate any help I can get. i will continue to search the forums for my own answers, but I hope the information I've provided is adequate.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

TRENDING THREADS