draken

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
So i bought a new hard drive from newegg, its a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500gb, and i ran into ALOT of problems.

First, i tried installing windows vista, which took about a couple years to install, and once it did, it was running so amazingly slow compared to my other harddrive, which is a maxtor from like a year ago. I decided to try XP, and the same thing happend...Then I just decided to set it up along side my current hard drive just as a storage drive, then tried installing Fallout 3 on it, which also took a couple years to install. I then installed fallout 3 on my current hard drive which only took 10-15 minutes.

So my last test was HDTune, and i'm pretty sure this isnt normal;

Untitleddasfasdf.png

Then i compared it to my current crappy 160gig Maxtor that I got over a year ago for super cheap;

Untitled.png

Yes, i know, this hard drive is crappy, but atleast it is rather consistent.

So im pretty sure my stuff is effed up.

So i should totally return this drive, right?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I would blame the drive, the 7200.11s have had a lot of problems. I assume you changed cables. If not, swap the cables between the two at the drives and test again.

I bought a 500 gig 7200.11 in november and it wouldnt even format .
There have been a lot of problems with these drives .

Luckily theres a 5 year warranty , but since they havent replaced my hard drive yet I think that means you have to wait 5 years for it to be replaced .

Buy a western digital black series or samsung f1