darrenz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section.

I recently just built and put together a new computer and one of them is the Antec 900 Case. Windows XP seems to be working fine when I turn it on. Only problem is, the fans on the 900 case aren't working. The one on the CPU and power supply are fine. I came to notice on my new Asus motherboard that there are a CHA_FAN 1, PWR_FAN and CPU_FAN connectors. The cpu fan connector is connected, but I don't see any for the other ones. Is that why the fans aren't turned on because they are not connected? I also assume the blue led lights go on when the are on, but they aren't. I thought the cables would of came with the motherboard or the case? I can't seem to find them and its the one with the 3 pins. I've been digging around in the case and cable management sucks....I only I can find are the 4 pin connectors which aren't connected to anythihg. I doubt that works though. Anybody that owns a 900 knows if I have to go out and buy some or should they be included somewhere??? Some help please :) and thanks!

darrenz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Molex leads? I read brieftly about it in the manual, but I also can't seem to find what they connect to. One of them is labled audio. I assume there are some cables in the case that I don't have to use? Are you sure they have something to do with the fan?

Gryphyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I didn't have this problem on my 900...it was fairly obvious which cables were the fan power cables. There should be one for each fan, make sure they are each plugged in.

Don't know what else to tell you.

darrenz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
yeah, i think its the 3 pin connectors. I can't find them anywhere. Should they be included with the case or motherboard?? I might have to dig deeper and see if they are in any boxes when I bought my computer. I don't want to take it to the shop to have it checked out.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I have a 900 case. You plug the black 4 pin molex connnector right to the power supply. These cables are hard wired to the fan (all fans have the wires attached) You don't connect these to the motherboard. You can even chain a few of the fans together because they don't draw that much power. I put the top and back fans on one lead and the front case fans on another lead. There should also be a little Low/Medium/High power switch that controls the speed of each fan.

jerseygamer

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Its a great case. Dont get fooled into using the air duct. Run a fan on the door for good measure. Like stated above all case fans on the Antec 900 are hooked into the PSU not the MB. Enjoy the case I know I am.

Obi-Wan-Shinobi

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
029ln7.jpg

My baby. Spray painted the inside back and fitted all green fans. Love it so much.

TRENDING THREADS