Strange HD Lettering Issue.

kingfet

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
This may not be that strange, but it is something I have never come across before. I am working on a computer, that had the hard drive set to H:\. Windows XP Media Center Edition would not allow me to manually in disk management change it to C. Software will not install because it attempts to load onto C:\. So I formated and did a fresh install choosing the C:\ drive during the installation which it suggested as default. Now though upon booting into windows guess what? Back to H:\. Any advice?

G

Odd. Got a USB multifunction card reader in the PC? Some of those will appear as multiple drives - one for each card supported. If so unplug it before installation.

kingfet

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Good call guys, It does have one, it is actually a HP Z555 Digital Media Entertainment PC, the thing is crazy inside. I feel odd saying this, because its not the most powerful pc I have ever worked on, but it is by far the most advanced, the engineering of this thing is both ridiculous and beautiful. I will try to take some pics later to explain what exactly I mean. The video card alone has three additional wires coming off of it to drive a half dozen component/composite video jacks in the back.