I just bought a system:

ASUS P5K-E board
E6700 dual
ASUS 8800GTS 512
2Gig balistix 1066
250Gig WD HD SATA3
Powerfull PSU
Vista Ultimate 32

My computer worked for 1 day and started giving me issues such as not starting up, giving me an error "Overclocking failed F1 to restart, F2 to restore default settings" etc.

(The computer components were setup through the BIOS)

Everything suppose to be compatible, what the hell?

January 21, 2008 1:32:24 PM

Is it overclocked at all?

That's the ASUS FailSafe BIOS. It prevents things that are improperly setup from causing issues.

Is the voltage for the Ballistix set to 2.2v in the BIOS?
January 21, 2008 2:03:55 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply!!

Is it usually a wrong RAM setup that causes these issues? or can it be something else? a damaged component for example...
Related resources
January 21, 2008 2:08:53 PM

coko said:
Thanks for the prompt reply!!

Is it usually a wrong RAM setup that causes these issues? or can it be something else? a damaged component for example...

Normally it's a stability issue. The most common of which is undervolting performance memory. Standard memory voltage is 1.8v, the Crucial requirs 2.2v to function with stability.
January 21, 2008 2:43:18 PM

I see thanks for the info m8! ;) 
January 21, 2008 2:44:11 PM

coko said:
I see thanks for the info m8! ;) 

Did that solve it?
January 21, 2008 2:54:21 PM

My friend is working on it i will update you :) 

1 question i forgot to ask, can this issue cause the computer not to start at all? the way this issue happened is i got the error message twice and then the computer just didn't start (no signal) the only thing working was the fan :pfff: 

Once he pulled 1 RAM out it worked but then again same problem, i guess you are right..
January 21, 2008 2:58:32 PM

coko said:
My friend is working on it i will update you :) 

1 question i forgot to ask, can this issue cause the computer not to start at all? the way this issue happened is i got the error message twice and then the computer just didn't start (no signal) the only thing working was the fan :pfff: 

Once he pulled 1 RAM out it worked but then again same problem, i guess you are right..

If the Fail Safe BIOS kicks in it will sit there and do nothing for like 5 minutes. Then when you turn if off and turn it back on it will say overclock failed.

Sounds like a RAM issue if he removed one stick and it worked. If 2.2v doesn't fix it, it might be a faulty RAM stick or something.
January 21, 2008 3:01:52 PM

What is the brand and model number of the Powerfull PSU?
January 21, 2008 3:54:44 PM

I have Antec Sonata III case W/500w PSU.
January 21, 2008 4:41:58 PM

Run Memtest86 overnight, if errors, you have a problem. Install Speedfan and monitor 12V line for stability. PSU should be OK, but you may have faulty one.

Mike.
January 21, 2008 5:31:50 PM

I will thanks Mike!
January 22, 2008 4:48:40 PM

Update:
I took the computer to the store and they set it up but they keep getting that problem from time to time, very weird...
!