Sign in with
Your question

Screen Resolution at startup

Last response: in Windows XP
June 12, 2010 6:49:26 PM

Its seems like a simple issue but is become annoying.
I have two desktops setup to a KVM switch. Using the analog video connection to a Samsung SyncMaster 228BW LCD display. Both are Win XPsp3 and up to date as far as patches, etc. Both machines have ATI video cards but nothing special. One machine has the ATI Catalyst Control software the other has the driver from windows.

Issue is at power up if the machine isn't chosen on the KVM it will boot at 800x600 screen resolution and the Display shown is Default Monitor. Only way a can effect the change to 1680x1050 is with a reboot. 1680x1050 isn't a choice otherwise. This occurs on both desktops.
Anyone know of a way to lock the setting I want in the registry or by some other fashion?

Thanks in advance.
June 12, 2010 10:31:31 PM

I have a similar but slightly different problem (post above yours). In searching google for my problem I came across several links (google) that had your problem of using a KMV switch with an ATI graphics card. Try a search.
m
l
June 18, 2010 1:50:03 AM

Been there, done that. Mostly I've found others with a similar trouble but no fixes. Seems there should be a way to accomplish this but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. At least I know I'm not alone in the quest for an answer.
Thanks for the tip...
m
l
!