Is it worth buying this card for SLI

Hiya i own a Leadtek WinFast GeForce 8800GTS 640MB card. I just got the offer to buy a 1year old identical one for about $270 (The new ones are sold for $430here) so that i can use SLI.
My question is then, is it worth the money? And will this setup last for a while? My hopes with this is that i wont need to buy a new card for at least 2 years. So i'm not really in need of 2cards today but was thinking that it could be a good investment ...

My Rig is listed below.

*Chassi - Zalman Fatality * *PSU - Antec TruePower Quattro 850W *Mobo - Asus P5N32-E * Ram - Corsair XMS2-6400 2x2048 *CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz * OS - winxp proffesional *

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Sisu
7 answers Last reply
More about worth buying card
  1. Go for it. That's a good deal.
  2. What size sceen do you run? If bigger then a 19" then go for it.
  3. I run 2 19" screens @ 1440x900. I occasionally use my tv witch is 42" @ 1920x1080 for movies and GH3.

*Edit* Just a off topic question while at it, if i have 2 cards can i have 2 screens and my tv plugged at the same time?
  4. systemlord said:
    What size sceen do you run? If bigger then a 19" then go for it.

Good advice.
  5. Quote:
    *Edit* Just a off topic question while at it, if i have 2 cards can i have 2 screens and my tv plugged at the same time?
    If they're SLI'd then, no, I don't believe you can. If you had them each separate, then I think that is indeed possible.
  6. Sounds like a pretty good deal...In the short run you get to play at 1920x1080 when it really counts on your 42"....and in the long run you just might get that "hey I can still play this new game coming out pretty well" feeling a couple more times.

Having said that, I'd remember that a new product is around the corner , and something like 400 or 500 bucks will buy you something that will smoke your SLI setup.
  7. I'm pretty sure that SLI does not support multiple monitors.
    Other than that I say go for it, it's no fun to play the waiting game :bounce:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics