Antec Sonata III Cooling is any good ?

gokhan76

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Hi Guys,

I am just looking for a case basically at this stage and I come a cross Antec Sonata III on one of the PC Shop. It is going for about $180 AU.

Now the cons about this Case, Cooling is a bit fishy to me since I am going to hava 320 8800GTS is there also Core 2 duo 6600, 2 SATA hdd , 2 DVD rw, The case only one exhaust fan at the back. But optional front fan.

Case has been closed from all sides no mesh or any air holes.

Would this be a good choice for me ?

By the way 500W earth watt Antec PSU on it it should handle my configuration If I buy it.

Thanks

Eric Tardes

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
It should do fine,the PSU and the case.
If I put the case fan on medium it lowers my CPU temps while idling by 4oC,but gives a little bit too much noise then(for my taste).
I've mounted the front fan as well,and I have no problems with temperatures.I believe that you put the extra fan regardless of 8800gts(has a lot of space from my 7900gs to the front fan).
The PSU is one of the best in that segment,but not the best looking :),but it is a no-window case.

Very good case,with good finish. I recommend it.

inshadows

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
I would worry about that little cooling, especially if running an 8800gts. The 8800 series do produce a fair bit of heat and i would worry how little of the hot air was being exhausted or cool air being brought in.