Sign in with
Your question

Have a few questions on Overclockin CPU

Last response: in Overclocking
July 10, 2008 1:54:21 AM

Hey i recently purchased a new computer and i wanted to overclock it because it was bottlenecking my 8800gt 512mb gcard. So i looked on a whole bunch of threads for like 4 hours straight. What i learned was each one gave a whole different explanation on overclocking. But i understood what to do (i think). I just want someone to help a nub like me overclock my cpu. Ok first off, i have an intel dual core e2180 processor and it has PC2-5300 DDR2 RAM. What should i make the timings? AND how would i change them? Also, i was wondering if anyone nice enough out there could tell me what changes i should make in my BIOS before i overclock it. Like Speedstart being disabled or PCI-E to 100 and PCI to 33. Those are the only two things i know, ive read others but im stil confused so if anyone could please help me out and tell me what i need to change before i start overclocking my computer. PLEASE HELP ME!

Here is my computer specs~~~
Intel Dual Core E2180 processor 2.0 ghz
3GB PC2-5300 DDR2 RAM
360gb hard drive
my FSB is 800
BUS speed 200

thank you :D  :D  :D 

July 10, 2008 2:37:55 AM

Check out the good overclocking guides listed as forum stickies here. Your CPU is a Core2Duo, so check out that guide first.
!