Zalman cnps9700 nt/led, anyone experienced?

Hey guys, Anyone here had any experience using the zalman cnps9700 nt/led cooler?

The reason i ask is im getting very average cooling performance for a $100 AU cooler...
I use realtemp to read my temps and i have not had a single degree drop since swapping over from the q9450's stock cooler, which if any of you have seen is absolutely tiny. I would just drop it and say "hey its a bad cooler" but all the reviews i had read before the purchase stated it wasnt far behind the thermalright 120 ultra.

Thanks in advance guys.
10 answers Last reply
More about zalman cnps9700 experienced
  1. Try reapply thermal paste and reset the cooler.
  2. warcry said:

I use realtemp to read my temps and i have not had a single degree drop since swapping over from the q9450's stock cooler

Is that idle temp or load temp?
    I'm using the Zalman CNPS9500 with Q9450, & it works great. The 9700 is bigger/better version of the 9500
  3. i have the same cooler. n im running OC q6600 @3Ghz with idle temp 37(max core), and 32 (min core). at full loads i never exceed the 60c point.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

according to them, zalman 9700 held the 9 position. and it is an old model.
  4. idle temp on average over the 4 cores sits at 48-50 according to realtemp.
    i know those temps arent massively high but they are the same readings as my stock intel cooler was, maybe 1 degree more.

@dagger,
    i think i may try reseat it this afternoon, although anyone that has used this cooler might agree it seems to be a difficult cooler to seat incorrectly.
  5. Can quads temp get stuck?
  6. yeah im pretty sure they can, but mine fluctuate pretty healthy.
    when its a freeeezing night they drop pretty dramatically.
  7. Maybe you 'incorrectly' applied the thermal paste
  8. i have a feeling i may have.
    i applied it very thin, it was the Zalman stuff, it usually gets looked over but its really good.
    I want to apply my paste as the AS5 instructions say you should, but my paste is in a whiteout style bottle with a brush so i cant.
  9. I've never tried the stuff that comes with the Zalman, but I've had great success with that cooler and AS5. Try some Arctic Silver and see if it makes a difference.
  10. I have that cooler running on an E3110 ....... @ 4.05 Ghz.

It was a bit noisy at first when running full speed but currently runs 24/7 @ 1800 rpm and beautiful. Quiet, max temp after 8 hrs of Prime is 53 degrees. Very happy with it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Zalman Cooling LED Monitor Overclocking