Sign in with
Your question

Cant use mouse or keyboard

Last response: in Windows XP
June 13, 2010 10:01:49 AM

Hi everybody, nice forum you got here
sorry I m not experienced in pc, so my prob might sound like joke for some of you
well I use to work on a dimension 8400 and recently I got a dim xps gen3; 3.4GHZ/2GB/250*3 GB (without windows or drivers installed on it)
I decided to put my old hard disk (the one from the dim8400) and that contains already a windows, drivers, my folders,...into the dim xps gen3
when I started the dim xps gen3, I can go to my windows but I connot use neither the mouse nor the keybord (but the keyboard is fine when I access to the bios)
I thought it s a problem of drivers but I just have the drivers and utilities cd from the dim 8400 pc
before making any attempt, I would like that someone guides me or explain to me the right procedure/steps to make it working properly
thanx in advance

More about : mouse keyboard

a b \ Driver
June 13, 2010 11:27:45 AM

pc_hajimete said:
Hi everybody, nice forum you got here
sorry I m not experienced in pc, so my prob might sound like joke for some of you
well I use to work on a dimension 8400 and recently I got a dim xps gen3; 3.4GHZ/2GB/250*3 GB (without windows or drivers installed on it)
I decided to put my old hard disk (the one from the dim8400) and that contains already a windows, drivers, my folders,...into the dim xps gen3
when I started the dim xps gen3, I can go to my windows but I connot use neither the mouse nor the keybord (but the keyboard is fine when I access to the bios)
I thought it s a problem of drivers but I just have the drivers and utilities cd from the dim 8400 pc
before making any attempt, I would like that someone guides me or explain to me the right procedure/steps to make it working properly
thanx in advance

With it being a Dell, you can note the Service Tag from the case and input that at their website to find all the drivers relevant to what was put in that machine. I think you were incredibly lucky to get as far as you did. Has Windows successfully gone through its Activation procedure?

m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2010 12:41:07 PM

thanks everybody
yeah....when I lunched the machine at first, I got a message from bios about not having enough voltage, then I continued and the windows opened up!!! I also can see everything I saved on my computer as I was using the old machine but the only prob is the mouse and keybord...they dont work at all
it made thinking (since the keyboard was fine under the bios) that it s a problem of drivers.....so I will check the links that was posted here althought I have the cd of the drivers and diagnostics from the dim 8400
m
l
a b \ Driver
June 13, 2010 5:04:08 PM

Maybe the power supply is dying.
m
l
!