January 22, 2008 6:23:34 PM

Hello everyone,

Here's some result of the Intel new quadcore Q9300 (Yorkfield, 45nm):
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=628633

Enjoy!

More about : intel q9300 gaming benchmarks

January 22, 2008 6:54:34 PM

my german is rusty
but from what i can tell you have the Q9300 overclocked to 3.5ghz and compared to stock settings for all others - kinda worthless!

now if they overclock all the chips to 3.5ghz that would help!
January 22, 2008 6:56:33 PM

Nice. Thanks for posting.
Related resources
January 22, 2008 7:25:25 PM

dragonsprayer said:
my german is rusty
but from what i can tell you have the Q9300 overclocked to 3.5ghz and compared to stock settings for all others - kinda worthless!

now if they overclock all the chips to 3.5ghz that would help!

They also show the result with the stock speed (at 2.5Ghz). Look carefully at the graph...
January 22, 2008 7:37:50 PM

Quote:
Look carefully at the graph...

AND LEARN SOME GERMAN DAMNIT!!!
January 22, 2008 7:44:21 PM

Beer...
January 22, 2008 8:10:16 PM

Google does a good job at translating it. Well, enough to understand :) 
February 15, 2008 3:29:34 PM

45nm but still a Double cheeseburger design....AMD Phenom is native Quad
February 15, 2008 3:37:33 PM

thunderman said:

Yeah and how's that working out for them?
February 15, 2008 3:38:39 PM

thunderman said:

Yep... Phenom is native... belongs in its own class below the burger king cheese burgers. It would be more like the whalers since its a nice square shape, not round like the whopper.
February 15, 2008 3:39:33 PM

Grimmy said:
Yep... Phenom is native... belongs in its own class below the burger king cheese burgers. It would be more like the whalers since its a nice square shape, not round like the whopper.

More like a Wendy's burger then. ;) 

edit: not sure what you meant by "whalers"
February 15, 2008 3:40:43 PM

thunderman said:
45nm but still a Double cheeseburger design....AMD Phenom is buggy and slow even though it's a native Quad

Fixed it for you.
February 15, 2008 3:42:14 PM

lostandwandering said:
More like a Wendy's burger then. ;) 

edit: not sure what you meant by "whalers"

Its a fish sandwitch, or better known as BK Fish or Whaler back in the old days. :D 
a c 127 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
February 15, 2008 3:46:11 PM

Grimmy said:
Its a fish sandwitch, or better known as BK Fish or Whaler back in the old days. :D 

In my terms the C2Q series is like a nice juicy double whopper and the Phenom is a tasteless SOI burger.
February 15, 2008 3:46:59 PM

Well, it shows that the 9300 is nice little quad if you can wind it that tight. Probably not much more OC left since the FSB is already at 466* however and no guarantee that everyone will get that high of FSB. My Q6600 at 3.4 posts 5100+ in the CPU score and it is impressive for everyday use including gaming.

*Edit: Sorry... multiplier is 7.5 and the Yorkies seem to hit a FSB wall between 460-470.
February 15, 2008 3:50:12 PM

Grimmy said:

Ah that fits perfectly then. There's definitely something "phishy" about the Phenom.

February 15, 2008 3:55:31 PM

Craxbax said:
Well, it shows that the 9300 is nice little quad if you can wind it that tight. My Q6600 at 3.4 posts 5100+ in the CPU score and it is impressive for everyday use including gaming. Probably not much more OC left since the FSB is already at 500 however and no guarantee that everyone will get that high of FSB.

Yeah I'm not all that excited about the 9300 since the multiplier is set so low. I plan on sticking with my Q6600 until Nehalem.
February 15, 2008 4:07:08 PM

uguv said:
Ah that fits perfectly then. There's definitely something "phishy" about the Phenom.

;)  . o O (yep... my thoughts exactly, also in its own class)
February 15, 2008 4:12:21 PM

Looks like about less than 5% increase in most games... not worth the upgrade.
February 15, 2008 4:47:34 PM

Quote:
It looks pretty disappointing to me, especially overclocked.

Your... disappointed? Well.. shucky darns, I guess you'll be getting a phenom system, right? Or did you want the Q6600 whopper with cheese?
February 15, 2008 5:38:11 PM

Great, this makes my decision on a new processor so much harder. I guess I'll wait for the Q9450 benchies to make my decision. And yes Thunderman, we all know it's a double-cheeseburger, but your prasied Phenom is like an inline 6 cylinder engine with the performance of a 4 cylinder.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
February 15, 2008 5:44:31 PM

Lord Gornak said:
Great, this makes my decision on a new processor so much harder. I guess I'll wait for the Q9450 benchies to make my decision. And yes Thunderman, we all know it's a double-cheeseburger, but your prasied Phenom is like an inline 6 cylinder engine with the performance of a 4 cylinder.

I would say Phenom is a inline 6 with the performance of a 3 cylinder engine. I used to have a 96 Ford Contour GL with a 2.0l 4cyl ZeTec and that thing had power for its size. Still not as nice as my 2.5l DurTec V6 in my 99 Contour SE Sport but I could take a Civic down.

That being said we could safely assume that a Q6600 is like a nice 5.0 302 Boss Mustang engine with a supercharger when OC'ed?
February 15, 2008 6:01:06 PM

I think that's very safe to say, especially since it's dropped into a package the size of a Mazda Miata!
February 15, 2008 6:27:48 PM

Think, if I had to get a quad on this info, I'd happily get a q6600..
Ryan
February 15, 2008 6:30:01 PM

thunderman said:

Technically if u can disable a core and call it tri-core then this would make it a 4 white castle burger design.
February 15, 2008 6:30:19 PM

Great, now I 'm hungry!!! Not the first time I've spent 250.00 bucks on double cheese burgers, probably not the last either.
February 15, 2008 6:37:32 PM

jimmysmitty said:
I would say Phenom is a inline 6 with the performance of a 3 cylinder engine. I used to have a 96 Ford Contour GL with a 2.0l 4cyl ZeTec and that thing had power for its size. Still not as nice as my 2.5l DurTec V6 in my 99 Contour SE Sport but I could take a Civic down.

That being said we could safely assume that a Q6600 is like a nice 5.0 302 Boss Mustang engine with a supercharger when OC'ed?

Well I hope the Q6600 gets better mileage than my 5.0 at 9mpg it would cost about ten bucks just to launch your home page!!! :pt1cable: 
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2008 7:07:28 PM

Disappointing huh?. Sure its blows that you cant push the cpu to its limits cause of the lower multi/higher fsb.

Put to say that the chip is a disapointment is just silly. Its a let down if you are a big overclocker and looking for the best bang for the buck but other then that its fine.

The info on this and the other 45nms have been out for some time now. Everybody with any overclocking know how knew these cpus would hit the fsb wall of the mobos.

You know what is funny when a quad core intel can be overclocked from 2.5ghz up to the low 3ghz's with out much hassle and thats a dissapointment. But AMD's black edition quads or any of the AMD quads for that matter you have to get down and your knees and pray for it to get a extra 300-400mhz stable.
February 16, 2008 2:01:23 AM

Quote:
It looks pretty disappointing to me, especially overclocked.

Yeah, at 3.5GHz it is just so slow! I mean, it only comes close to doubling the performance of a Phenom 9600! Very disappointing indeed! :whistle: 

Courtesy of Xbitlabs
a b à CPUs
February 16, 2008 6:05:36 PM

epsilon84 said:
Yeah, at 3.5GHz it is just so slow! I mean, it only comes close to doubling the performance of a Phenom 9600! Very disappointing indeed! :whistle: 

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/cpu/core2quad-q9300/divx.png
Courtesy of Xbitlabs

What amazes me is if AMD bring out a clockable processor they call it a Black Edition,,, where Intel is already emensley overclockable with out no fancy name tags....

So AMD bring out their go faster stripes edition with out the going faster bit then theyre lying arent they.....

Come on Funderpants,,, you can do more AMD fundamentalistism than that.........

We all know your a good looser for choosing AMD.....

Even if it is native . doesnt native mean old people with spears...........

February 16, 2008 6:25:58 PM

thunderman said:

Indeed. When you put any sort of load on Intel's pentium 3 glued up relics they are stuck with obsolete front side bus architectures and the performance falls to zero while amd just keeps going in real world use the phenom 9500 frags any intel quad ever made
a b à CPUs
February 16, 2008 6:46:26 PM

Hellboy said:

Come on Funderpants,,, you can do more AMD fundamentalistism than that.........

Thunderpants...

LOL :lol: 
February 16, 2008 7:37:22 PM

Hellboy said:
What amazes me is if AMD bring out a clockable processor they call it a Black Edition,,, where Intel is already emensley overclockable with out no fancy name tags....

So AMD bring out their go faster stripes edition with out the going faster bit then theyre lying arent they.....

Yeah, Intel is quite 'boring' with their naming schemes. I mean WTF, they couldn't think up a better name for a CPU than freaking CORE? Seriously, thats the most unoriginal name for a CPU ever! :pt1cable: 

Meanwhile, AMD has the uber COOL sounding QuadFather, Spider, Black Edition... you name it man! They're hardcore when it comes to names.

I guess Intel is more focused on substance than cool sounding names... I can't say I disagree with that philosophy. But still, to this very day, CORE just seems like such a dodgy name for a decent processor. :kaola: 
!