Aom multiplayer cd key problems

boblickle

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
ya i am having a problem that when i try to sign in to a multilayer account it says "my CD key can not be currently validated..." i bought this game so i dont know this should be a problem

Since you bought the game, it should work, being a legit copy and all...

You can report back here with the name of the game. Someone here may have that game and can save you a lot of work by telling you exactly what is required or, you can continue doing the following:

You can do an extreme thing and make your computer connect to the router (if you have one) in the "DMZ" mode which bypasses the firewall of the router and see if that allows the game to be validated. If it works, you'll know it is most likely a port issue with the router.

To go to "DMZ" mode, access your router, (192.168.1.1 or something similar depending on the router).
Go to the advanced settings, and firewall settings.
Select the DMZ host and enter your computer name or local IP number as required.
Save settings. Router will reboot.
Have Windows firewall turned on and if you have another firewall, have it turned on, but allowing your game .exe to pass.
If firewalls stop you from playing, check firewall logs to see if it was blocking your game.
If firewall was blocking, check appropriate boxes or buttons to "Allow" the game to pass.

If game still won't validate... continue doing items below
with grave risk involved.
Your router is in DMZ mode and no firewall will be protecting your computer from attack. (Kind of like what most people do all the time)

Before proceeding, know this: Do not open any web browsers or other web-enabled applications. Just run the game, nothing else.

Turn off all firewalls long enough to see if that allows validation.
If it validates, you know the copy of the game works, but firewall is stopping it. (Can't be router, it's in DMZ mode).
Turn firewalls back on immediately and find out what ports and/or executables need to be open/allowed.
Go back into your router and uncheck DMZ host, save settings, router re-boots..

All that and it still didn't validate? You've done just about all you can. Contact supplier and ask why not.

TRENDING THREADS