GA-P35-DS3L work with the E6750 by default?

ACoolname

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
I know this question may seem really obvious to even the average computer guy, but recently I had an issue with upgrading my old motherboard to a regular core 2 duo and it gave me huge problems. It was compatible and I did everything that I was suppose to. My theory is that I needed to update the BIOS. Anyways, I couldn't boot up and I tried switching to my old one and it wouldn't boot up either. The only solution was to buy a new board, so I returned the new processor and purchased the GA-P35-DS3L. Now I have huge worries about installing a new CPU ever again.

My simple question is will the DS3L work with the E6750 automatically? Do I have to update the BIOS first, or do anything special? Should it just work if I just simply install it?

Thanks.

ACoolname

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
So, I don't have to update? That's good to know. Is updating easy? If so, how do I do it? I found on a similar link that you provided a list of BIOS versions to download and I don't know how to install it. Also, how do I check what version my BIOS is?

Kwyx

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
I got that same motherboard and CPU about a month and a half ago and there was nothing you need to do to get it to work. I have revision 2.0 of the motherboard, so I can't verify for older versions.

As far as updating the bios goes, its pretty easy. The software disk that comes with the motherboard has a couple of programs you can use to update your bios. One works in windows, and the other makes a boot disk if I remember correctly. I would recommend that you dont upgrade your bios unless you run into a specific problem or reason for a newer version.

andrei3333

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
i have that mobo

it comes with software called @Bios it finds the latest bios from the gigabyte server and updates your from within windows, no hassle, i have F8a beta bios and everything is cool

robertschaz99

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
I have that mobo/CPU setup. I have the rev 1 baord and F4 BIOS and I just dropped it right in and it worked great. You should be just fine.

Enjoy!

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
no, it doesnt need. it will just work straight away. dont worry about it.

n IF U EVER want to flash the bios. use the Bios Q-flash. dont use window based one.