SECC,SECC2,FCPGA and FCPGA2 converters

victoryamaha

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
Good day everyone.
I had a few question in here:
Recently i found out that there are converters for FC-PGA to FC-PGA2,and how does it work?
Is it for motherboard that aren't Tualatin-S compatible(like 810E)and then convert it and work?A bit confused......
Or somehow is it for some processor like Tualatin to be used in moherboard that are non-Tualatin compatible?

Here's a sample:Can i use the converter for Intel Pentium III-S 1.4 Tualatin and then use it in non-Tualatin-S compatible motherboard like Intel 815(except B-Stepping) or VIA Pro133(except T-series and Pro266)?because i got a Intel 815EEA motherboard and it refuses to run my 1.4 Pentium III processor...

And one more:can socket 370 processor work in slot 1 motherboard or vice versa with a converter?If it can,will it support Tualatin-S?

Thanks. :)

I actually own one and there is a couple of different types, the better ones with regulators etc, basically Intel changed the pin out on socket370, some figured you could actually mod older boards to support newer cpus (especially the socket370 Mendocino days till the coppermine P3's came out - all it took was a wire and a cut cpu pin and most motherboards worked with the newer cpus) - doesnt work for all, needs bios support, vrm support etc - i got an Intel 815 that can take the converter, aslong as i had a specific bios revision - its touch and go at best.

TRENDING THREADS