Sign in with
Your question

Nokia 3360+Compaq Armada M700 laptop = Internet.

Tags:
  • Wireless Access
  • Connection
  • Nokia
Last response: in General Connectivity
May 23, 2002 8:50:58 AM

Hello ppl, you prolly wont know as I posted only in CPU forum before.
anyway a moth ago I bought a <A HREF="http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/3360/1,4511,,00.html" target="_new">Nokia 3360</A> cell phone. it has an IR port which I used to connect with my kap top (compaq Armada M700) - windows xp emmidiatly say it is comunicating with "Nokia 3360" and another thing he did is add a "standrd IR modem" to my lists of modems. I found that VERy intresting an conigured my internet connection to use that modem to connect to the internet - and dialed :) 
the connection is orrebly slow - around 1kb/s in avreage - but it can actully load websites and my instent messenger. I actully tried connecting from an open filed and fro a calculous 2 class at college - this is really kwel.
true wirless.

thats it...

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

More about : nokia 3360 compaq armada m700 laptop internet

June 3, 2002 7:56:47 PM

You might be interested in an article www.arstechnica.com published some months ago about playing around with a 3G device (a Qualcomm modem). In the area where the tests were carried out (a test CDMA2000 network with very good to fairly good coverage), the results were very positive: Wireless broadband!
September 21, 2002 11:53:12 AM

Why not just use a serial cable or whatever to hook up the cell to the laptop?

<font color=red><b>I NEED HER TO TOUCH MY SOUL! COME AND SET ME FREE! BREAK THESE CHAINS!</b></font color=red>
!