PC-TEL Modem Problem

del_35

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2001
Can anyone help
I have a PC-TEL PCT789T modem that just wont work. I am getting as far as conecting but it doesnt seem to dial any numbers. I'm pretty sure the modem works, but am not sure about the drivers i got but i have tried all on the PCTEL website. Can any one help???. Thanks in advance - del.

"Remember that after great thought, things are always bought from the lowest bider"

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
You should open your computer and write down the chip set number, Model # and Serial #. They are on the printed circuit board. Check those out then do a search on your favorite web browser and look for manufacturer web site. That should also be on the card. ;-) Just a thought. Then you will find the appropriate drivers for that particular device. Type at ya later.

Dantin

G

It's incredible but I bought the MS7308D/E motherboard combo w/ AMR PC-TEL modem. I Setup the system, install the drivers and the modem worked but the audio did not. Both were on IRQ 10 so I shutdown the onboard audio thru the BIOS and deleted the modem. Then spent the next 2 hours trying to get the DAMN modem to say hello again .... no success .... I have downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer their latest posting of drivers and will try them out later this week ?? In any case, if you find a solution to your PC-TEL piece of crap please let me know ?

WNR Incorporated

del_35

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2001
PC-TEL dosent make modems but does make the chipsets for them. I contacted their customer support to try to find out manufacture of it (it didnt have a fcc id) and they were quite amazingly helpful. I still havent got it to work but i do know who makes it, so i am one step in the right direction. Try looking at their website and finding out the manufacturer, you can then try their customer support and drivers.

"Remember that after great thought, things are always bought from the lowest bider"