Sign in with
Your question

GA-P35-DS3L restarts itself after shutdown

Last response: in Motherboards
February 18, 2008 2:15:54 PM

my board powers itself back on about 2 seconds after it completely shuts down. all operation are normal except this self power up. i'm NOT having crashing issues.

this shutdown can be initiated by pressing the power button or via windows. in other words, any normal kind of shutdown.

i've looked into bios setting for wake on keyboard, mouse - as well as windows ones like power up on LAN. they are all disabled. i've also tried shutting down and disconnecting everything (usb, eithernet, etc) and it still does it.

please help! any suggestions? its driving me nuts :pt1cable: 

right now i'm just flipping the switch on the back of my power supply to keep it off. even when i do this i can see the board tries to power back on (front leds flash) so i'm confident in ruling out the PSU as the problem :pfff: 

my setup
Intel E2180
GA-P35-DS3L
OCZ Gold 2x2GB PC6400 (800Mhz)
Antec 500W earthwatts
Geforce 8800 GTS
2 SATA II hard drives
1 SATA DVD-ROM

February 18, 2008 4:32:49 PM

RMA the motherboard then.
February 18, 2008 4:49:58 PM

Must replace the board, i have the same board, worked for 3 days then either i did something or it did it on its own....if i left the swithc on the PSU on and turn the pc on, it wuold turn on for 5 seconds and shut down, this cycle continued until i turned the swith on the back of the psu off again

i think its a corrupt bios, i replaced the board at the store i got it from cause it was less than 30 days, no problems now.

when i had this issue i searched the net and saw some people having the same problem

i also took out the cmos battery and shorted the cmos jumpers to no affect - could not even enter bios,

try resetting the bios, or try flashing it with another bios version
Related resources
February 18, 2008 4:51:36 PM

I had the exact and I do mean EXACT same problem. Short answer is I finally had to RMA the board.

I ran through everything. Switched PSUs, re-installed windows, turned off all "Wake-On" in BIOS, removed un-needed HDs and expansion cards. Second board worked like a charm.

Wish I had better news.
February 18, 2008 6:48:38 PM

robertschaz99 said:
I had the exact and I do mean EXACT same problem. Short answer is I finally had to RMA the board.

I ran through everything. Switched PSUs, re-installed windows, turned off all "Wake-On" in BIOS, removed un-needed HDs and expansion cards. Second board worked like a charm.

Wish I had better news.

damn... thats terrible news. :( 
thats for the info
February 18, 2008 8:06:39 PM

need4speed

[#000000 size=1]robertschaz99 wrote :[/#000000 size=1]

I had the exact and I do mean EXACT same problem.

my problem turned out to be,I gone in to control panel and set power scheme power option to (minimal power management) it should be set up for home/office desk!

i'm like what :

MrsBytch
Wow Im surprised to see such a problem with a Gigabyte. They have always treated me right.

the board you have is the board I thought of replaceing ageing 965p ds3 for ? hope this help you.
February 19, 2008 12:07:18 PM

they said it. RMA it.
!