Sign in with
Your question

Apricorn sata wire usb device driver not found

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 17, 2011 12:41:38 AM

i'm trying to connect a new hard drive to my laptop using the Apricorn Satawire usb device but vista tells me that the the drive can't be found?
I've searched everywhere for the driver with no results, this seems to be a usb vista issues anyone have any suggestions?
a b \ Driver
November 17, 2011 4:55:39 AM

shareidea said:
i'm trying to connect a new hard drive to my laptop using the Apricorn Satawire usb device but vista tells me that the the drive can't be found?
I've searched everywhere for the driver with no results, this seems to be a usb vista issues anyone have any suggestions?

Owners Manual, hope this helps.

http://www.apricorn.com/pdf_product_manuals/SATA_Wire_M...
m
l
November 17, 2011 6:02:21 AM

The manual does not cover this issue.
When I connect the usb cable with the drive connected to the other end to the laptop vista reports that a new device is detected and then it reports that a drive could not be found for the Apricorn Satawire usb device.
when the dialog comes up to find a driver it reports that it can't find a derive for the device on teh web and suggests that I contact the manufacturer to get the driver, when I search for it I can't find any drive that is for this device on the web or directly on the Apricorn site.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 17, 2011 6:27:01 AM

shareidea said:
The manual does not cover this issue.
When I connect the usb cable with the drive connected to the other end to the laptop vista reports that a new device is detected and then it reports that a drive could not be found for the Apricorn Satawire usb device.
when the dialog comes up to find a driver it reports that it can't find a derive for the device on teh web and suggests that I contact the manufacturer to get the driver, when I search for it I can't find any drive that is for this device on the web or directly on the Apricorn site.

Has the drive been formatted ?
What file system does disk management say is on the drive, and does it
have a drive letter assigned to it ?
m
l
Related resources
!