P965 Boards with non-official Penryn BIOS support!

JuiceJones

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I don't know if this is old news or not, but I've been keeping my eye out and finally noticed that Gigabyte has released beta BIOS version F13o last month that "Enable 45nm CPU with non official support, due to Intel having no official guarantee for 45nm CPUs on non-3 series chipsets".

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2456

I don't know about other manufacturers, but this is good news for me, and seemingly many other P965 owners who have questioned whether they'd be able to slap a Wolfdale or Yorkfield in their existing rigs.

I'd like to know if there's anyone out there running a shiny new 45nm on an older P965, and how things are going with the beta BIOS and whatnot. Overclocks?

I haven't found any articles on the issue, links would be appreciated. I may just not wait until Nehelam to upgrade after all :D

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Heya bud! Im running the beta bios, runs weird tho, when i turn my pc on, it turns on then off, then on again and runs fine, i tried overclocking it, but wasnt stable, im waiting for my gigabyte x38 ds4 to come, but yes it is stable.