Best Intel and Nvidia Set up for Oblivion

Elizabeth_B

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2008
Hi all,
I am a newbie here and would welcome your help with putting together a system. It must use an Intel cpu ( preferably Quad ) and an Nvidia video card ( or cards) in SLI . I want it to be fairly easy to assemble with a good case that has plenty of room for expansion and adequate cooling. I looked at the system on Tom's Hardware for the high end gaming rig but noted they had difficulty with cable management and the cooling. Any advice for a similar system configuration without the case/cables hassle? I also would rather not overclock the cpu. This would be ageneral home pc with the requirement that games such as Oblivion and Flight simulators would play well. I would like to keep in under $3000.00

Thanks in advance,
Elizabeth

stonecold91

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
you will better spending less than 1500$....q6600, ds3l (no need for SLi because new gfx cards to run oblivion at high settings), OCZ ddr2, 8800gt 512mb.....i am just giving u basic device name (no company name)....and what is the size of your monitor??

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Go dual core since you probably won't be using any heavily multi-threaded programs. The new 8400 intel CPUs would be a good place to start. If you want less cables go with a modular power supply. 8800GT for the video card, and 2gb of memory. You can do that for under a grand probably, especially if you have old optical drives to use.