Cannot change Temp Internet file cache size!!

I can not change the size of the Internet Temp File cache. The slide bar
moves, but the size of the file remains the same. No matter what size I
solect, 10, 15, or 20mb, the error message "Set size to 1 or 0" appears. If
I set the size to 1, I get the same error msg. This is causing no end of
problems with my e-mail. It takes upwards of 45 seconds to open each e-mail.
And in most cases I can not go to any ref'ed URL mentioned in an e-mail.
Any suggestions?
--
Bill

Hi,
You probably have a corrupted TIF folder. Login as another user with
administrator privileges, or from the machine's default administrator
account (from safe mode) and delete the affected Temporary Internet Files
folder from Windows Explorer.

You would not be able to delete this folder when logged in as
yourself- it's "In use." You should be able to delete it from the
Administrator account.

Additional info at:
How To Delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]