which case? RAIDMAX SAGITTA2/THERMALTAKE ARMOR/CM CENTURION/ANTEC 900?

omermaras

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
PC will work 24/7, and will have an Asus Maximus Formula mobo, Intel Q6600+Geforce 8800GT. What would be the minimum Watt I need?? 400W?? 350W?? 500W?? I'm looking for a quiet case - how would you order the following ???

A - RAIDMAX SAGITTA2 430W ATX
B - THERMALTAKE VA8003BWS ARMOR ATX
C - ANTEC 900
D - COOLERMASTER CENTURION 534 430W

and would you recommend the PU
ANTEC TRUEPOWER TRIO 650W 80+
for any/all of them, if they don't have their own PU??

And would I need a cooler for any of these cases?? (some of them - Thermaltake Armor - have 3 fans)

thanx!

beurling

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Antec makes nice cases, my buddy has the 900 and I ahve the P182, both are great and have nice airflow, especially the p182.

That antec truepower will be good for your system, also consider the Corsair 620HX modular as an option if you want to try modular, it's what I got and it is a tier 2 PSU, love it.

If the cases ay they have optional case fans x3, or x2 etc, then you can buy 2 or 3 fans for like $10 each, well worth it. Antec all the way though!

Cheers.

bliq

Distinguished
I've got an Antec 900 and that 650W Trio. Both are nice pieces. I've talked about the plusses and drawbacks of the 900 in other threads, none were a dealbreaker for me since I have fairly simple needs.

I've also owned a Centurion 532 which I'm fairly certain the internals are identical to the 534. It's inexpensive and I like that it was a toolless chassis.

I'm also a fan of the thermaltake armor series but they are a lttle too big for my desk.

I think any of the cases will be a good choice, it comes down to personal preference. However, I think the PSU for the RAIDMAX may not be what you'd call a top quality part.

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
i have a antec 900 case and i love it, not cramped at all, but it tends to get load when you put all the fans on high, cooling aspects are briljant,

but i'd go for the cm aswell, also a very good case.

the raidmax and thermaltake i wouldn't even considder...