K9AGM2 Graphic vs Network problem

Unreal143

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
Okay. Ive been troubleshooting my brand new pc for many days now and im getting more and more frustrated. Heres my problem:

If i install my graphic driver for my Radeon HD2900 PRO, the network acts really strange. The transfer rate is like this (illustration) _____/\______/\____/\_______ (kb/s)
When i uninstall the drivers, it works like a charm. I dont understand how a graphic card can be related to the network like this, but i hope you can :sweat:

My system:

MB: MSI K9AGM2-FIH
CPU: AMD x2 4800+
Graphic card: Radeon HD2900 PRO
PSU: Silver Power 600W

Ive tried downloaded earlier graphic drivers, but nothing seems to be working. Also: If i download the latest drivers for the Onboard Lan, i get spikes of around 50% hardware interruption(cpu usage) at the same pace as for the kb/s graph. Ive also tried installing the latest chipset drivers.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Could be a bad video card, mobo, or Windows is corrupted. I'd try a different video card and then a Windows Repair off the CD. If that doesn't do it, a clean install of Windows. If you luck, RMA the mobo

Unreal143

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
Im pretty sure the video card is fine. With the network deactivated, i can play games smoothly without any problems.

However. After a new clean install of windows, my computer now restarts when entering windows (even with the onboard LAN deactivated. This happened after i insert the video card. (I have to install the chipset with the video card out. If i try with it, i get an error) Im getting more and more sure that the mobo is bad. Im waiting for a usb network adapter from the company atm for testing, but i doubt it will fix anything.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Memory problems can sometimes cause the machine to restart, would be worth while checking one stick at a time and different slots just to make sure. Also could run Memtest. Really sounds like a driver conflict. Are you using the drivers from the mfg or ATI? Could try them from the other source. I've run into situations where I had to install the drivers from the mfg CD and then upgrade from nVidia and in other situations just use the nVidia drivers. I'm assuming ATI has their own set of drivers as well. But definitely could be the mobo

Unreal143

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
Problem solved. It was probably (as you said) windows beeing corrupted, because when i installed Vista, everything ran smoothly. Thnx for great help