Sign in with
Your question

CD/DVD drive is not working.

Last response: in Storage
January 10, 2009 2:08:53 AM

My computer is not recognizing my CD/DVD drive. If you open My Computer the drive is there but it will not play any discs, whether it be games, music, etc. If I double click on the drive it says D:\ Application not found. I tried right clicking and exploring but all it did was open the tray. I also tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting but that did nothing even after they were reinstalled. I have tried everything my limited computer knowledge allows me to do so I'm pretty screwed now. . . In case it helps I am running Windows Vista 64-bit. And my actual drive is a:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

My next step is probably to just go buy another one, but if you know something I don't please share it with us! Thanks in advance. . .

More about : dvd drive working

May 25, 2009 3:41:20 AM

Hey I am having the same problem. I don't know how to fix it, but maybe someone else does. If you computer like mine, somehow the default option for double clicking on you dvd drive has changed from "open, play, or explore" and now is set on "install or run program". You can tell if this is the case by right clicking on your drive and "install or run program" will be highlight at the top. While you have the right click menu open you and then click on "open, play, or explore" and your computer will perform either of those action.

So the long and short of it is this. IS THERE ANYONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT ACTION WHEN YOU DOUBLE CLICK ON YOUR DVD DRIVE?

Just incase this matters, I am running vista home premium 32 bit.
!