Laptop Requirements vs SR71 Blackbird vs Other Planes

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
OK,

We all know that if you were to fly on an SR-71 Blackbird from the East Coast to the West coast you could actually see the sun rise twice. So I guess this is like going back in time.

Logically, this means you computer would run faster flying from East to West since it would have more time to do stuff while it was travelling back in time or at least holding steady.

The reverse would be true to travelling from West to East.

So, it would seem that it would be better to Game flying west and Watch movies flying east.
How much more powerful would I need my Laptop to be to game flying east?

Do you think I would need an SLI laptop? Would it need to be RAID-0?

pseudopeon

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
You're not actually "going back in time" though, you're just counteracting the Earth's rotation.
Granted, relativity could be accounted for just for the speed of the aircraft... Apologies if this post is mearly in jest :sarcastic:

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
You need to SLI two of these:

12_Speed_Blender_With_Glass_Jug.jpg

You'll also need a 5 kilowatt PSU.

You wouldn't see the sun rise twice. (While flying)

But otherwise a good idea, perhaps we can use this method to benchmark K10.

cardio

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004

There is a group in England based on proving the earth actually has retrograde rotation. In 1986 they proved the earth was flat. And the cat in question is willing to testify to that proof, sort of. They believe that if you circle the earth (flat) fast enough you could not only get there before you left but even before you decided to leave.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
There is a group in England based on proving the earth actually has retrograde rotation. In 1986 they proved the earth was flat. And the cat in question is willing to testify to that proof, sort of. They believe that if you circle the earth (flat) fast enough you could not only get there before you left but even before you decided to leave.
Common misconception. Earth is actually a series of tubes.

Yes, I believe one of them is called youtube.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
This is a great topic!!!

Ok, so if you can travel fast enough so as you travel through space you are physically moving at the same speed that time travels.... dose that mean you processor is unclockable? Think about it man! If you can stay in front of the sun so you time never changes, how could you clock your processor? By moving as fast as the sun, you are always at the same point in time (So if you start traveling this speed at 11:47pm and you stay the same position away from the sun, you are always at that time of night.)

That also means you could watch a movie in less then a second, while you clock rate would be insane because you would be holding it at the same exact time. The calculation per second would screw up because the second would never change.

This is almost as good as inward singing!!!

Right....

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007

Ahh yes, we come out of the shadows and the proof of the world being flat is released. It has been a long time since we have talked about how the world is flat.

I miss the good old days.

G

Its about as flat as J-Los A$$ !!! =)

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

http://roadrunnersinternationale.com/layton.html

Actually you can.
Here is just one account by a pilot.

The SR-71 can fly faster than the rotation of the earth.

As a result, you can see the Sun Rise in the West or Set in the East, depending on what you are doing.

As a Result, you can see the Sun Rise on the East Coast.
Hop in your Blackbird (We all have one right?)
Fly West and watch the Sun Set in the east as you fly faster then the earths rotation.
Then when you slow down or land, you can watch the Sun Rise in the East from where you just saw it set.

sailer

Splendid
My goodness (or my badness), we're getting into discussons leading to quantum physics. I love quantum physics. Yes, do something like fly around the world fast enough to be there before you took off. Meet yourself at the airport, introducing one paradox, kill your original self, introducing a second paradox, and then explain that to some physics professors. Anyone read "Timeline" by Crichton?

One thing that would still happen is that you yourself would continue to age at a normal rate of speed. Thus if you went back to the past (anyone here that hasn't watched the "Back to the Future" movies?) and spent two weeks there, then returned to your normal timeframe, plus a second to avoid paradox, you would be two weeks older than when you left, therefore would shorten you apparent lifespan by two weeks. The more time spent in the past, or future for that matter, the shorter the apparent lifespan of your normal time self.

And besides that, the world is like the inside of a bowl, giving the illusion of being round. We never get outside of the bowl because every time we get close to the edge, our compass needle turns around and we sail back to where we came from.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
I think to see yourself taking off, you would need to take off from the international date line, because when you cross that you lose all of the time you gained.

Crazycorvette

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
I just got a new PC, and I would like to counteract the continual value drop. So if I pack my computer and jump in the black bird and fly west and just the right speed to sync with earths rotation. does this mean I can stop time. but a better question. If i was to drop a ball would it drop or float in time? :pt1cable: