g3dar

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Hi, hope someone can help:

I have 2 identical SATA HDD's in my PC that show as one drive in windows (vista).

How do I get them to show individually so I can see what is on each one and transfer files between them?

They are 250gb each. I have only used about 230gb in total and want to put everything on one drive...

Any help appreciated

Thanks

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
If it's two drives showing as one it's probably RAID0 or JBOD, changing it will lose all the data currently on the drives.

If you need help with it, people will (at the very least) need a machine spec.

G

Seems like the first thing youll have to do if you dont want to lose all your data is to backup all your data and or make an image of your system via windows reovery or your fav recovery/backup software ie norton ghost....(make these backups onto a seperate backup drive such as usb, so you dont accidentally delete your data) now that all your data is safe, you may have to boot into your bios and change the raid setteings, but this is if your moboo supports it natively. alternately you would have a seperate boot of your raid drivers right after your initial POST when starting your computer. this should give you the option to boot into the rad controler. you can change settings if you successfully get ibto the raid controker settings. if none of these options work, you can download the software from the company that makes your raid controler card and use it to change the raid settings.
i hope this helps, given that we dont have any idea, what kind of specificatons are in your pc