Picture files showing up on the desktop

Hello,
I have a file I made with my grandchildrens pictures in it, but for some reason the file numbers are
*All* showing up on my desktop everytime I restart. So then I have to send them all to delete, because it fills up my desktop. Its the file numbers of the pictures not the pictures themselves.I have to keep removing them everytime. I have one of their pictures on my desktop, and most of their pictures as a screensaver, so Im not sure that is causing a problem.
I did change the desktop picture to see if it was that, but they all showed up with one of the XP desktop pictures also.
I hope I made sense explaining
Thank You
10 answers Last reply
More about picture files showing desktop
  1. Do you know how to run a scan on your system? What antivirus do you have?
    Sounds as if the operating system has corrupted.
    you should try system restore, setting the system back to a time before the problem started:
    Restore does not erase your personal files and is reversible.
    click start
    click all programs
    click accessories
    click system tools
    click system restore
    check the box that says restore my computer to an earlier time, click next
    select a bold date on the calendar, a date before the problem started, click next
    follow through with the restore directions
    restart the computer after it finishes
    if the system restore does not work, select an even earlier bold date on the calendar and repeat the procedure
    try this with at least four earlier dates before giving up and trying something else
  2. Everytime I try to do a system restore it says it can't do it, and it has said that for over a year now no matter what date I pick, or how many, so I guess I have a problem with that also, lol
    I still have XP2 and I use Nortons 360. I do know how to do scans.
    I have had my computer in to have it fixed and checked.....about a month ago.
    Thank you for your help
  3. do you have the XP installation disk?
  4. Yes I do
  5. First of all back up all your personal files to CD, DVD, or an online backup service such as Mozy.
    There may be other recovery options, what make and model computer do you have?
    Do you have the Drivers on CD that were (might have been) included with the computer?
  6. Make sure System restore is enabled.Right click My Computer>Properties>System Restore and make sure that Turn off System Restore on all drives is unchecked.Then run a virus scan.Then try to run System Restore.If you are unable to do so, then its time to format an reinstall.
  7. A. No, it is not time, you have to recover the personal files first, that's important or you will loose everything.
    B. The scan has already been run.
    C. system recovery has already been tried.
    D. Please answer the above questions, do you have driver disk?
    E. What make and model? There may be other options to try before reformat and reinstall.
    F. reformat is the LAST option.
  8. Hi....Im sorry I have not been on, but we moved, so I just got my computer up and running. Im not sure what happened, but everything seems fine now, and alls I did was move, lol. We did change our provider, so maybe there was a problem with the old. Its running much smoother now to.
    We went back to Comcast....we had Verizon. We just were not happy with them. In July when our contract is up we are going to change our cell phones from them to. Does anyone know if ATT is any good?
    Thanks for trying to help.....I really appreciate it :hello:
    Blessings
  9. Is it any good? I would not use the cell provider you mentioned.
    Your computer fixed itself?
  10. Im not sure if my computer fixed itself, or there was not a problem in the first place. Alls I did was... since I moved the computer was not plugged in for awhile. Then I hooked it back up, turned it on, and it was fine, so to tell the truth ...Im questioned as well.
    Im just glad its fine now, and still is.
    Can I ask....who is a reliable cell phone provider?

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Windows XP