Sign in with
Your question

Need serious help here my build is finished and nothing's working

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2008 10:26:01 AM

I just completed my build and all that is coming on is my green led light on front panel. no beeps, no fan, no nothing can somebody tell me where i possibly went wrong i am frustrated now hours of work for nothing.I need some serious advice here.

Thank You,

More about : build finished working

January 14, 2008 10:27:48 AM

Post the specs.
January 14, 2008 10:32:00 AM

scroll down page i did earlier in a post you will see every thing i have.
Related resources
January 14, 2008 10:32:56 AM

it says, i wanted to know if these parts would work good together
a b B Homebuilt system
January 14, 2008 10:38:06 AM

Sounds like a bad power supply or something not wired correctly.
Like an inverted PCI-Express cable.
January 14, 2008 10:55:30 AM

I had a similar problem on a build once... I ended up taking every thing out and removing the motherboard from the tray and starting all over. It worked. Give that a try if you have not already.
January 14, 2008 11:10:08 AM

i may have wired something wrong this is my first build, i know i didnt fry anything.i am lost at this point i am taking a break been working on it for hours now.

a b B Homebuilt system
January 14, 2008 11:19:27 AM

Problem is inspecter71, it could be any one of a dozen or more different things.

Any new build should start like this:
Place the motherboard on piece of cardboard outside the case with just the video card, processor and 1 stick of memory, attach your power leads and the leads to the front of the case, and your monitor, start from there. If it will POST, then mount the board in the case, try it again, add 1 piece of hardware at a time until you have everything in and working, or until you hit the part that causes you trouble.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 14, 2008 11:46:31 AM

Make sure your CPU power cable (the 4-pin one) isn't in backwards. I did this once and although nothing smoked, the PSU wouldn't even power on.

@OP, did you mount the mobo on standoffs, or directly to the case? If the latter, change to the former and hope nothing fried.
Otherwise, particularly if you anticipate building more systems, invest in a $16 PSU tester.
!