trying to overclock my video card with vista 64

ryanthesav

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Hey,

Im trying to overclock my nvidia 8800 gts 640mb, but...ati tool wont work even if I deactivate driver signiture at bootup. I have rivatuner and it seems to be working but I dont see much of an improvement when I overclock(as far as fps). I was wondering if anyone knows of a better overclocking program.

Thanks

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Have you given nTune a try or maybe Coolbits. Not had nvidia since GF2MX so maybe there are better programs about.

http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Video-Cards/Video-Card-Overclocking/1/

Or try the ATItool 0.27 beta 4.

Overclocking with anything else is not going to increase your fps.

harmattan

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Rivatuner works for me in Vista 64 - even lets you OC the shader clock.
Now if I could just find a program to fix fan speed on both of my cards...

dashelj

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2003
Its amazing to me how long 64bit os's have been out and still little support.

While there is no excuse for adobe, I think in the case of smaller non-commercial utilities, like atitool, the fact that you have to pay a yearly subscription in order to get the digitally signed drivers which Vista 64 requires is prohibitive.

I think it is kind of ridiculous but

diehard

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
MrsBytch, have you tried this?

http://www.pctipsbox.com/vista-getting-adobe-flash-player-to-work/

Ive tried Ntune, coolbits, rivatuner, ati tool, none of them work. Its amazing to me how long 64bit os's have been out and still little support. Even Adobe has failed to get a 64bit driver for flash player, how ridiculous is that. In order to view anything with flash player, I have to use a 32bit browser in a 64bit OS.

tb28w3

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006

I have Vista Ultimate x64 and nTune works perfectly well for me. I have a EVGA superclocked 8800 GTS 320 and I clock it to 635/910 when playing. I also use it to control the fan speeds because I couln't get Rivatuner to work either.

I see about 5% increase in 3dmarks, fps etc...

Good luck

T

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 with nTune and it works perfectly. I've been able to get a 10%+ increase in my 3D Mark 06 score. I don't think you issues have anything to do with using a 64bit OS.

tb28w3

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Ive tried Ntune, coolbits, rivatuner, ati tool, none of them work. Its amazing to me how long 64bit os's have been out and still little support. Even Adobe has failed to get a 64bit driver for flash player, how ridiculous is that. In order to view anything with flash player, I have to use a 32bit browser in a 64bit OS.

You know what's funny? I have had no problems with drivers. My router, wireless card, vid card, dvd drives, nothing.....

EXCEPT --- sorry ass Linksys wireless router. LINKSYS!!! Supposedly the biggest wireless provider doesn't have decent (or any) 64 bit drivers. My F**king airlink wireless usb card picked right up with windows vista out of the box, without even having to go online, but nada from Linksys.... overpriced POS

rant over

trulaker9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I also have Vista Ultimate 64-bit and use rivatuner to overclock my Geforce 8800GT. Although when you open the program if gives you a message about drivers not having been verified to work correctly with rivatuner it still allows me to overclock my card which did increase my 3Dmark 06 score.