What are the right BIOS for me?

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
first of all is there anything wrong with your machine? If the answer is no then dont flash it

Both of those are for your BIOS its just that ones newer... notice the version numbers... and how one was release in 2007 the other in 2008... i would be getting the 2008 version as its obviously newer

venomx723272

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
no nothing wrong with the pc ... but dont I need the new 2008 bios? thanks friend ... ps Is it bad to flash in too much? I did take out the jumper and the mini pc battery last week because I messed up when I was setting in my ram with the bios ... thanks

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
If theres nothing wrong with the machine theres no need to do it... why risk failure for no improvement?

I havent heard of it being bad to flash them too much, but the more you do it the more chance you do have of a failed flash which in some cases will leave you with a paper weight.

Taking out the battery and the jumper setting would have cleared the CMOS. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BIOS FLASHING. These are purely the setting that are in the Bios, hence why it resolved your RAM issue as settings would have gone back to default.