halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
Hi
I have a amd 4400 with 2gb ddr 4000 ram and Asus A8R32 MVP Deluxe motherboard with a ati 3650 graphics card.

I want to OC my cpu which has a good fan on it to keep it cool it idles around 43 celcius

however when i go into bios and try to do any sort of oc'ing when the bios exits and then goes to reboot the pc nothing comes up on screen and it just stays there pre post
the best ive done so far is to go into overclocking settings in bios and go on auto oc by 3%, but thats rubbish to what ive seen other people oc there cpu to (i put it on 5% and higher and it didnt want to know). I also tried copying some of the bios settings other people have been able to achieve, and also copied them but lowered them slightly both had no luck.

So is there a way to get round this, can i oc my pc and get it to reboot after i done it and does anyone know what settings are best for Asus A8R32 MVP Deluxe motherboard to oc the 4400

Thanks for all your help

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
No no no... the auto-thing sucks. All I got was 3% on my X2-4400 with an Asus A8N-SLI board. Your stock speed is 2.2 and 2.6 should be easily within your reach if you've got adequate cooling. Since I had generic RAM I had to underclock my RAM so when I overclocked my CPU my RAM wasn't causing my system to fail. Also, I required more voltage for the CPU. Small increases should get you up to 2.6 Ghz without any real risk/hassle.

halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
thats the thing though i dont want to use the auto oc cus its rubbish, but if i try to oc via setting cpu core to 200 and multiplier to something like 13 to get 2.6 it jus wont boot up at all and i have to reset my bios to default for it to work
the cooling is fine and the ram is good ram the power supply is more than enough
so what can i do if my pc wont reboot when i slightly overclock my cpu how can i get round that

halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
ok well i found that if i up the clock speed slowly start the pc and then up the clock again it seems to like it abit more rather than going straight from 2200mhz to 2600mhz

the next question i have is your ram was causing your system to fail how will i know when thats the case with me
The processer voltage on the Asus A8R32 MVP mobo only goes up to 1.4v although there is a vcore over voltage should i enable that