Tags:
  • Security
  • Virus
  • Hijack
  • DNS
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 16, 2010 5:34:14 PM

DNS being hijacked, cannot find who is doing this, any ideas?

More about : dns changing virus

June 16, 2010 6:31:45 PM

If you were running Panda Internet Security, you would have the IP address of the attackers.
In fact the hijack would have been blocked.
Sounds like you need a security upgrade.
m
l
June 16, 2010 6:49:11 PM

Have CA Security Center intalled - nothing; have ad-aware installed - nothing. DNS gets changed when PC is booted. IP address is changed to 93.188.162.163. There is a program running that is changing the DNS address not every time the PC is started but after a few boots. How do I find the program running that is changing the IP address?
m
l
Related resources
June 16, 2010 8:45:43 PM

pabatochy said:
Have CA Security Center intalled - nothing; have ad-aware installed - nothing. DNS gets changed when PC is booted. IP address is changed to 93.188.162.163. There is a program running that is changing the DNS address not every time the PC is started but after a few boots. How do I find the program running that is changing the IP address?

How do you know that it is changing?

Are you sure its not legitimate?

Who is your ISP?

The DNS you listed is to a DNS server in the Ukraine, so that could be bad, if your not located there.

Could be a HOST file change.

m
l
June 16, 2010 11:06:22 PM

install windows process explorer, find program by process of elimination.
m
l
July 25, 2010 9:24:45 AM

I have the SAME PROBLEM!!! when I start up windows, Malwarebytes tells me theres tonnes of requests for 93.188.*.*

so i open up network settings, go to my TCPIP props, then notice in that DNS area: "use the following DNS server addresses:" and both my preferred DNS and alternate are populated with 93.188.156.219 and another in that subnet.

i just type in 192.168.1.1 in both fields, and the problem is apparently solved, or at least until i restart....

I have checked out my processes, and cant find the culprit. I run ESET Smart SEcurity 4, or Nod32. it cannot find anything, although it claims to have successfully cleaned a few viruses.

does anyone have ANY info on this virus that I have? would LOVE an answer

anyone out there?
:hello: 

jacketpocket

and then:
@
and then:
.com
m
l
!