Vista crashing when web browsing

dreww104

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hello,
Vista home (which was on the PC when I bought it - Acer) crashes when any heavy graphics application such as streaming video, Google Earth, etc and has to be repaired from the Startup repair facility. This can take hours some times, and I am never really saure everything comes back.
Is there something of note which should be done in the form of a setting, driver, or config? Can I downgrade to XP Professional, which I own and never seemed to have any problems (old PC)?

dreww104

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Vista crashes often when heavy (ish) graphics use like viewing photos, google earth, streaming video, etc. It requires multiple attempts at system startup recovery, sometimes going on for hours. Is this something known? Is there a setting i should know about to prevent this? Is tyhis a driver problem? Would I be better installing my copy of XP Pro (from the last PC)?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Drew

Vista crashes often when heavy (ish) graphics use like viewing photos, google earth, streaming video, etc. It requires multiple attempts at system startup recovery, sometimes going on for hours. Is this something known? Is there a setting i should know about to prevent this? Is tyhis a driver problem? Would I be better installing my copy of XP Pro (from the last PC)?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Drew

Your graphics card may be a low (entry level) slow ram card.
Check the specs out for the card. If you need hardware info,
run this utility:

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

dreww104

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
hi,

Thanks for the response. i have not installed any new graphics drivers since new. I have checked they are up to date,however. The system seems to get to "last known good configuration" as part of it's recovery process, eventually.....

dreww104

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I guess it may well be as it was the standard configuration on the PC. It is ATI, however, which I have had good performance from previously. It also seems to have the most up to date drivers.