computer is making a high pitched loud consitant beep and no video

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
anybody know what this loud beep is and why my video card isnt working? please help. the beep is consistant and loud.??????????????????

William,

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
thanks aziraphale i fixed it. but now i am having problems installing windows xp now that i am in my bios can you help me there?

drumr1829

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
Is this your first build? Where are you at in terms of computer knowledge? This will help us determine how to answer your questions.

What kind of problems are you having specifically?

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
yes its my first build and my knowledge is so so,i fixed the video card now i am in my bios i cant get my widows xp disk detected. you can say i am a rookie. the build it self went pretty good but my knowlege in the bios isn't so good as bad as that sounds.

drumr1829

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
Ok, I don't know which mobo you're using but what you want to find is the boot order. This should definitely be in the user manual.

It will most likely be in the order of Floppy, HDD, and then CDROM

Change it so the CDRom is booted first, save and then exit. This will exit BIOS, reboot the PC and then boot to your Windows install disc.

If you haven't already I'd really suggest doing a low level format of your HDD before you get started (use something like killdisk)

Another thing to check is if you have two CD rom/ DVD drives. If one is not working, just try it again with the other.