how do i get windows xp installed after i am in bios?

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
i suck at this i have came this far but am dumb founded when it comes to the bios , i still cant boot up my windows xp disk , i need to be walked through this with someone like a child sorryguys i am so close though.i tried what you said mrsbytch and still no luck. grrrrrrrrrr

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
disk is in and all i am getting is this- client mac addr: 00 04 4b 06 4f 5c guid; o5808080-4b04-ooo-0680- 80804b04
dhcp...........
dam this is frustrating me

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Your PC is attempting to boot from a network server... that is a likely indication that your optical drive has not been properly detected by the BIOS. Hang in there... you'll get it to work.

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
ok my board is a bfg nvidia 650i ultra and my cd/dvd drive is a hp dvd1040 and yes my connetion cable are in good, i really need this help thanks jitpublisher

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
k i have it like this thus far.
hard disk boot priority is not set yet
network boot priority is not set yet
first boot device-cdrom
second boot device-hard disk
third boot device is-hard disk

tell me the proper setting and i will set them if these are incorrect ok?

These look to be correct....Go ahead and set your hard drive boot priority to the drive you have installed.
Under the standard CMOS features screen, are all your drives being detected and displayed correctly?
You had mentioned that one of your Optical DVD/CD drives was not being detected or displayed...you do have them both on the same cable I am assuming, as there is only 1 IDE drive cable in the system. How is your harddrive connected, I am assuming it is an
SATA drive correct?

No problem, this has got to be something simple.... hopefully there is nothing wrong with a piece of your hardware. Maybe just take one of the drives out, and set the remaining one to master and try that.

I forgot to ask, what is the "removable device priority" set to?