Sign in with
Your question

BOOTMGR is Missing and Vista Recovery wont work

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 25, 2011 2:45:08 PM

So in preparation for installing a new mobo and graphics card I decided to do a format of my existing HDD. I canceled the installation of Vista after this because I wanted to perform it while using the new hardware. I received the BOOTMGR error with my old setup and after installing the new hardware I am still receiving the error.

I have set the BIOS to boot from CD and disabled any other boot categories (no floppy or HDD) and I still am getting the BOOTMR is Missing Press CTRL/ALT/Delete.

How can I not be able to reinstall Vista from scratch? Or do I need the full version of Windows Vista/7 to do this?
November 25, 2011 3:00:03 PM

nvents said:
So in preparation for installing a new mobo and graphics card I decided to do a format of my existing HDD. I canceled the installation of Vista after this because I wanted to perform it while using the new hardware. I received the BOOTMGR error with my old setup and after installing the new hardware I am still receiving the error.

I have set the BIOS to boot from CD and disabled any other boot categories (no floppy or HDD) and I still am getting the BOOTMR is Missing Press CTRL/ALT/Delete.

How can I not be able to reinstall Vista from scratch? Or do I need the full version of Windows Vista/7 to do this?

As an update I was able to circumvent the bootmgr error by spamming space bar to get into the Windows Recovery Enviornment. Feeling noobish at the moment. Will update on how this is going.

For people who have tried to boot from CD/DvD and still get the bootmgr error try this as it has at least gotten me into attempting to repair or install vista.
m
l
!