Superfolder....no way to delete

kidtermite

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2001
The other day I was downloading some files that were zipped and put into a folder. I pressed open instead of save and then when the powerarchiver window opened showing the files I created a new folder, the superfolder that cant be deleted. When I try to delete it a window pops up that says Cannot delete, cannot read from the source file or disk. Has anyone experienced this at all and if so how the hell did you delete the folder. Something interesting is that when you search the folder nothing is found. In the properties of the folder there is no information at all except for the location. If anyone can help, I would greatly apprecciate it, no better yet I'll go over to your house and wash your car.

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
What’s the permission set to on that folder or dir that folder resides in?

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

kidtermite

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2001
Hey juice,

The superfolder is in the my pictures folder which has everything checked on allow and the allow inheritable permissions box checked as well.

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Who is the owner of the folder? This is located under the folder properties and hit the advance button. Try Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

kidtermite

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2001
That is why I call it the superfolder. I tried replacing owner on subcontainer and objects and then clicked apply and wouldn't you know it an error window popped up saying, "An error occured applying security information to: .......Location of the file........ The system cannot find file specified. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions.

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Is it an empty folder? Or are there files in the folder? If you have files in the folder can you take owner of one file or one folder under the parent folder?

kidtermite

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2001
Get a load of this juice,

I copied and pasted a file into the superfolder. That file didn't appear, so I went out of the folder and the file that I had pasted ended up here and was renamed My drawings which is the name of the superfolder. Heres the weird part, now, I see a My drawings folder and a file called My drawings. Both have the same thumbnail preview.

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've seen this before. I had to reboot to be able to delete the folder.

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.