Sp2 and Norton Ghost

A friend recently told me she couldn't use Norton Ghost after installing
SP2. Is this true? I have my HD ghosted but what good is that if SP2 will
not allow a complete reinstall of everything back onto your HD? If you can
boot using the Norton Ghost CD?

FS........

In news:ONhLmVWkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
~ FreeSpirit ~ <spammenot@nospam.net> typed:

> A friend recently told me she couldn't use Norton Ghost after
> installing SP2. Is this true?

Unless she lied to you, it must be true. But if you're asking
whether it's true in general, the answer is no.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Norton Ghost 9.0 works just fine with SP2 and all subsequent updates
installed.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Norton Ghost 9.0 works just fine with SP2 and all subsequent updates
> installed.
===================
OK, that's the one I have but "ghosted" my HD *before* installing SP2.
Would that make a difference?

Sorry I don't know which version she used.

FS.........

It wouldn't make a difference. It doesn't NEED SP2, it just works well with
it.

You want a current Ghost image after you install SP2. Why would you want to
again to bring it up to current SP level.

--

> It wouldn't make a difference. It doesn't NEED SP2, it just works well
> with it.
>
> You want a current Ghost image after you install SP2. Why would you want
> to go back to an image where SP2 was not installed. A lot of work all over
> again to bring it up to current SP level.
At the time I ghosted my HD I wasn't planning to reinstall SP2. It took 6
DVDs to do my HD. We couldn't find anywhere in Ghost to remove folders we
didn't want imaged so it did them all. And we can't use Direcway Satellite
if we leave Norton Ghost installed. We have to uninstall it. We have 2
ISPs, one to upload and one to download (Satellite).