Zalman 9700 LED twists and tilits

woooe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I recently installed a Zalman 9700 LED using the S clip. After i tightened both screws, I can twist the cooler and I can tilt it slightly left and right, so when my case is closed, it's tilted a bit. I have no problem it being able to twist, but when it tilts, the cooler is elevated from the CPU slightly. I've searched a similar thread, and the thread starter mentioned only twisting, so I was wondering is it alright if it tilts a bit?

Pazuzoo

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
If it's actually losing contact with the cpu that is definitely not good. It needs to be secure.

I personally have never owned or used one, so maybe someone that has can give some advice on what you may need to do. I can definitely say though that twisting is normal, tilting however is not and could be quite dangerous for your cpu.

megabuster

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
You could try putting a large washer over the middle of the mount to make the clip a bit higher for a tighter fit. As far as being able to rotate: no cpu cooler covered with pasted and center monted will ever be secure from swivelling.