Windows Vista of not shutting down properly

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Every time I shut down my computer it doesn’t shut down all the way the screen stays black and then I go away when I come back again error message that says “Microsoft Windows have an unexpected error and had to be shut down or something like that. I click on the more details button to find out that there had been a blue screen of death and I’m wondering what’s wrong with Windows Vista can anybody help me?

Are you able to see the blue screen, stop code to research it ?

Have you looked in Event Viewer for errors time stamped when you did the shutdown ? Here is how to get into Event viewer for Vista.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_event_viewer.htm

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

I just did I don't see anything there. If I see it happen again I'll take a picture of it via Fraps and put it up here.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

OK I just did a shutdown of my computer from 2:20 PM to 2:30 PM the computer didn’t shut down as a matter of fact it rebooted it took about 00:12:05 and when I logged in into my profile this is what I got:

As I said before I’d didn’t see the blue screen of death it was just a black screen then the computer just rebooted itself.

Search bccode 9f on your 1st screen.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=bccode+9f&form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Why do you want me to do that?

Because that is the reason you have a problem. And it is not a unique code which is going to pinpoint an exact solution to your problem. Your code 9f (or any code) can be caused by any number of conditions, as you would see, if you did a search, and visited some of the URL's listed from your search.
The BCcode: is the stop code, Driver Problemand the other codes provide additional information for it.
All I can suggest is that you have the most recent drivers installed from the MFg's web sites for all your Peripherals, as well as OS updates.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Yes I do I had a problem with my ATI Display driver When All of this happened.