Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Just in case you didn't know I merchandise milk (yep the milkman). This
means that I travel between supermarket filling up fresh milk fridges.

At one of the supermarkets I was doing, there had been a rather large spill
of fresh orange juice (the stuff you'd buy from a chiller) due to a stack
that fell over (I had to go through this to get to my milk). While still
there, I put a small hole in a carton of milk so I go to a sink to empty it
out and pull out a bit of glass (which promptly cut me) from a drain.

The next supermarket was even more interesting. I watched a leaky air
conditioner drip on a couple of customers. After looking on the floor and
seeing no water I thought it was a one off. However after getting my first
load, I see a young (3-4 year old) girl slip over. Thinking they fall over
all the time I thought nothing of it. An older lady (probably around 30 or
so) then slipped on the watery patch left by the airconditioner and was
(understandably) grumpy about the whole affair.

Just before I finished filling the fridge of that supermarket I get a call
over the PA asking me to return to my car immediatly (via the numberplate #)
as someone had forgot to put their handbrake (aka emergency brake) on,
leaving a nice dent in my drivers door (so much so that I could not open the
door). Thankfully this was my bosses car.

After driving it back to my bosses place and picking up my car and having a
break, I head out to my last supermarket for the day, where pulling out a
pallet of milk, I find a bit of card that I stand and slip (landing on my
rear) which scared the people around me as the pallet was moving (I placed
my feet on the pallet so that it pushed me as opposed to running me over).

I managed to survive the day unscathed (other than the cut on my finger).
Just in case you were wondering this was easter Thursday (24th march).

--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

"Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
> Just in case you didn't know I merchandise milk (yep the milkman). This
> means that I travel between supermarket filling up fresh milk fridges.
>
> At one of the supermarkets I was doing, there had been a rather large
> spill of fresh orange juice (the stuff you'd buy from a chiller) due to a
> stack that fell over (I had to go through this to get to my milk). While
> still there, I put a small hole in a carton of milk so I go to a sink to
> empty it out and pull out a bit of glass (which promptly cut me) from a
> drain.
>
> The next supermarket was even more interesting. I watched a leaky air
> conditioner drip on a couple of customers. After looking on the floor and
> seeing no water I thought it was a one off. However after getting my first
> load, I see a young (3-4 year old) girl slip over. Thinking they fall over
> all the time I thought nothing of it. An older lady (probably around 30 or
> so) then slipped on the watery patch left by the airconditioner and was
> (understandably) grumpy about the whole affair.
>
> Just before I finished filling the fridge of that supermarket I get a call
> over the PA asking me to return to my car immediatly (via the numberplate
> #) as someone had forgot to put their handbrake (aka emergency brake) on,
> leaving a nice dent in my drivers door (so much so that I could not open
> the door). Thankfully this was my bosses car.
>
> After driving it back to my bosses place and picking up my car and having
> a break, I head out to my last supermarket for the day, where pulling out
> a pallet of milk, I find a bit of card that I stand and slip (landing on
> my rear) which scared the people around me as the pallet was moving (I
> placed my feet on the pallet so that it pushed me as opposed to running me
> over).
>
> I managed to survive the day unscathed (other than the cut on my finger).
> Just in case you were wondering this was easter Thursday (24th march).

Perhaps we could make a blockbuster out of this.

Lord Of The Milk: The Return of the Lion!
--
Steven Ung

> Just in case you didn't know I merchandise milk (yep the milkman). This
> means that I travel between supermarket filling up fresh milk fridges.
>
> At one of the supermarkets I was doing, there had been a rather large
> spill of fresh orange juice (the stuff you'd buy from a chiller) due to a
> stack that fell over (I had to go through this to get to my milk). While
> still there, I put a small hole in a carton of milk so I go to a sink to
> empty it out and pull out a bit of glass (which promptly cut me) from a
> drain.
>
> The next supermarket was even more interesting. I watched a leaky air
> conditioner drip on a couple of customers. After looking on the floor and
> seeing no water I thought it was a one off. However after getting my first
> load, I see a young (3-4 year old) girl slip over. Thinking they fall over
> all the time I thought nothing of it. An older lady (probably around 30 or
> so) then slipped on the watery patch left by the airconditioner and was
> (understandably) grumpy about the whole affair.
>
> Just before I finished filling the fridge of that supermarket I get a call
> over the PA asking me to return to my car immediatly (via the numberplate
> #) as someone had forgot to put their handbrake (aka emergency brake) on,
> leaving a nice dent in my drivers door (so much so that I could not open
> the door). Thankfully this was my bosses car.
>
> After driving it back to my bosses place and picking up my car and having
> a break, I head out to my last supermarket for the day, where pulling out
> a pallet of milk, I find a bit of card that I stand and slip (landing on
> my rear) which scared the people around me as the pallet was moving (I
> placed my feet on the pallet so that it pushed me as opposed to running me
> over).
>
> I managed to survive the day unscathed (other than the cut on my finger).
> Just in case you were wondering this was easter Thursday (24th march).

April fools?

--
LTP

Llama

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:48:10 +0800, "Steven Ung"
<steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:

>Perhaps we could make a blockbuster out of this.
>
>Lord Of The Milk: The Return of the Lion!

*lol*
They'd have to stuff obscene amounts of explosions and gunfights in
that one if they'd want me to go see it.

--
byerstheoblivious

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:48:10 +0800, "Steven Ung"
> <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:
>
>>Perhaps we could make a blockbuster out of this.
>>
>>Lord Of The Milk: The Return of the Lion!
>
> *lol*
> They'd have to stuff obscene amounts of explosions and gunfights in
> that one if they'd want me to go see it.

Firing a bullet into a milk bottle would make a lovely mess. Better yet, a
bullet through a number of flavoured milk bottles would make a beautiful
mess, and if your really lucky and shot an alcoholic milk (appaerently
aussies make one) it *might* explode into a big fireball.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:48:10 +0800, "Steven Ung"
>> <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Perhaps we could make a blockbuster out of this.
>>>
>>>Lord Of The Milk: The Return of the Lion!
>>
>> *lol*
>> They'd have to stuff obscene amounts of explosions and gunfights in
>> that one if they'd want me to go see it.
>
> Firing a bullet into a milk bottle would make a lovely mess. Better yet, a
> bullet through a number of flavoured milk bottles would make a beautiful
> mess, and if your really lucky and shot an alcoholic milk (appaerently
> aussies make one) it *might* explode into a big fireball.

I don't think the fireball is very likely. Unless the bullet is a miniature
oxygen tank, set to explode on impact, and there is a very high
concentration of alchohol, and a mini detonator.

--
LTP

Llama

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message

> Perhaps we could make a blockbuster out of this.
>
> Lord Of The Milk: The Return of the Lion!

ROAR
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

"Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message

> April fools?

Nope - that would be all the cream at one fridge turned upside down this
morning. It is very tempting to pull a prank here, I just wouldn't know what
to do (or should I bring out the llama... :p).
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

> "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
>
>> April fools?
>
> Nope - that would be all the cream at one fridge turned upside down this
> morning. It is very tempting to pull a prank here, I just wouldn't know
> what to do (or should I bring out the llama... :p).

We are not interested in your lusty llama.

--
LTP

Llama

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:00:59 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>I don't think the fireball is very likely. Unless the bullet is a miniature
>oxygen tank, set to explode on impact, and there is a very high
>concentration of alchohol, and a mini detonator.

Incendiary ammunition?

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

"Zealot The Crazy Lui" <ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:00:59 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>>I don't think the fireball is very likely. Unless the bullet is a
>>miniature
>>oxygen tank, set to explode on impact, and there is a very high
>>concentration of alchohol, and a mini detonator.
>
> Incendiary ammunition?

Call it what you want, it's all a bunch of flaming nonsense to me.

--
LTP

"A cat, having jumped up on a hot stove, will never jump up on a hot stove
again. But then it won't jump up on a cold stove either." - Mark Twain

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 00:02:24 -0600, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>Call it what you want, it's all a bunch of flaming nonsense to me.

Tell that to the Japanese who were firebombed with them 60 years
ago... (incendiary bombs, to be accurate)

I think incendiary bullets were most useful for blowing up hydrogen
zeppelins from germany, though that didn't really happen all the time.
(pretty much not at all after WWI)

--

>>Call it what you want, it's all a bunch of flaming nonsense to me.
> Tell that to the Japanese who were firebombed with them 60 years
> ago... (incendiary bombs, to be accurate)
>
> I think incendiary bullets were most useful for blowing up hydrogen
> zeppelins from germany, though that didn't really happen all the time.
> (pretty much not at all after WWI)

Now we mine helium for that kind of thing.

--
LTP

"A cat, having jumped up on a hot stove, will never jump up on a hot stove
again. But then it won't jump up on a cold stove either." - Mark Twain

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
<bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:

<snip>

I think you need to take more risks in life.

"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I think you need to take more risks in life.

Like bowling?

--
LTP

"A cat, having jumped up on a hot stove, will never jump up on a hot stove
again. But then it won't jump up on a cold stove either." - Mark Twain

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I think you need to take more risks in life.

Quite possibly. Afterall, I am Single and have stuck around in that job for
close on 5 years, and that includes being out of University for over 2 years
(yes, I did complete my Software Engineering degree).

However, in saying that, there are a coupple of young woman that I am
seriously looking at an "advanced" relationship with, and my flatmate is
going to pass on my details to his HR person, possibly getting a job with
them.

--
Marsh Lion
Might as well just keep digging

> "sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
>> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think you need to take more risks in life.
>
> Like bowling?

Doubt it, but I could use it to advance other area's :p.
--
Marsh Lion
Keeps on digging

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
>"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
>> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think you need to take more risks in life.
>
>Like bowling?
Bowling is for queers.

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:50:26 +0300,
ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
wrote:

>>Like bowling?
>Bowling is for queers.

No, soccer is for queers. Bowling is for macho men.

--
byerstheoblivious

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER Byers ex
machina <don't@think.so> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR
SCREEN!!!!:
>On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:50:26 +0300,
>ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
>wrote:
>
>>>Like bowling?
>>Bowling is for queers.
>
>No, soccer is for queers. Bowling is for macho men.

No, Bowling is for queers. Soccer is for Brits.

--

"MuuMiMan" <ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi> wrote
in message news:9aqe61devmlhst85948b2bbms6djs2n9k3@4ax.com...
> IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
> Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
> MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
>>"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
>>> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I think you need to take more risks in life.
>>
>>Like bowling?
> Bowling is for queers.

How come?
--
Steven Ung
Life is like a roller coaster...

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Steven
Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR
SCREEN!!!!:
>"MuuMiMan" <ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi> wrote
>in message news:9aqe61devmlhst85948b2bbms6djs2n9k3@4ax.com...
>> IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
>> Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
>> MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
>>>"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message

>>>Like bowling?
>> Bowling is for queers.
>
>How come?

Because queers play bowling?

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:50:39 -0600, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
>> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think you need to take more risks in life.
>
>Like bowling?

That may be a tad *too* risky.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:48:49 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
<bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:

>"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
>> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think you need to take more risks in life.
>
>Quite possibly. Afterall, I am Single and have stuck around in that job for
>close on 5 years, and that includes being out of University for over 2 years
>(yes, I did complete my Software Engineering degree).

Just remember that, no matter how hard you work, you'll stay at the
bottom. Cheat, steal, and backstab your way to the top. That's my
motto.

>However, in saying that, there are a coupple of young woman that I am
>seriously looking at an "advanced" relationship with, and my flatmate is
>going to pass on my details to his HR person, possibly getting a job with
>them.

For a second there, I thought that you were saying you needed to
contact HR about these young women, in which case I would've said that
you really do need to take more risks.

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:48:49 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:33:33 +1200, "Marsh Lion"
>>> <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I think you need to take more risks in life.
>>
>>Quite possibly. Afterall, I am Single and have stuck around in that job
>>for
>>close on 5 years, and that includes being out of University for over 2
>>years
>>(yes, I did complete my Software Engineering degree).
>
> Just remember that, no matter how hard you work, you'll stay at the
> bottom. Cheat, steal, and backstab your way to the top. That's my
> motto.

Meh - I'm the top merchandiser for the job I do, and I got there just by
staying longer than anyone else. I also prefer the motto "Be nice to people
on your way up, you'll meet them on your way back down"

>>However, in saying that, there are a coupple of young woman that I am
>>seriously looking at an "advanced" relationship with, and my flatmate is
>>going to pass on my details to his HR person, possibly getting a job with
>>them.
>
> For a second there, I thought that you were saying you needed to
> contact HR about these young women, in which case I would've said that
> you really do need to take more risks.

No comment ... errr... just kidding :p. I got my flatmate from the same
place as I know these young women.
--
Marsh Lion
Should I keep digging?