I decided to overclock my 8800GT for some bench testing.
One problem though, I downloaded and installed Rivatuner 2.06, but it will not give me results for my clocks nor will it let me overclock my card.
Also when I opened the monitor it said my clocks were:
Which I know are totally off.
If anyone has a clue to whats going on or had a similar problem, help would be greatly appreciated?
I had the same exact problem that developed a couple weeks ago. Prior to that, my 8800GT had been overclocked and stable for at least a couple months. Then all of the sudden nothing was reporting my clock speeds. I uninstalled RivaTuner, upgraded drivers, rolled back the drivers, installed nTune, and tried everything I could think of, but couldn't fix the problem. The GPU Clock area of GPU-Z was completely blank. I think RivaTuner just reports the lowest possible settings or something because it can't actually see your real clocks. My games seemed to have been running fine...
This also coincided with me replacing my old 17" CRT with a brand new 19" LCD, added a printer, and installed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I also connected my TV to the graphics card through the s-video port. None or those make any sense as a cause, though. In the end, I decided to just say screw it and reformat (I was getting an occasional blue screen on start up that was annoying me anyway). That ended up fixing everything.
So, all in all, my recommendation is to either reformat or roll back to a version that was working. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I have a problem, when I installed rivatuner it appeared a message of windows saying its not supported , something a bout a ".sys" file missing, and in the rivatuner menu it doesnt recognize mi VGA and I cant do anything because all is disabled