trying to pick whick P5 Asus board

seaborn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Hello everyone. I am browsing at the egg and trying to figure out which one to get. I am going with a P35 board and thought it would be easy to choose but there are like 12 different ones :heink: and when looking at the specs the all look the same but I know there are differences. Any suggestions. Am I making a mistake on this board for the Wolfdale E8400. Already have the chip so no going back on that one. Thanks all, Seaborn

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
P5K-E with or without wifi. $10 difference, best bang for the buck. Is the E8400 the only CPU you have? If the board won't post with it you'll need something else to flash the bios.

seaborn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
thanks for the reply. Yeah I didnt think of that. It is the onlt 775 chip I have. The system I replace was an Athlon 3200. Maybe A computer store would help me out. Thanks for bringing that up, didn't even think of it. I am currently on the asus website. I wish they would have some kind of easy comparison saying what the differences are. When I look at the specs it becomes overwhelming when the only difference you can find is the model number.

Thanks again. Checking the P5K-e out And will most likely buy.

Also I just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJ9fL6hoF4

Its a review of the P5K-E

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
The 'E' version are built on the same board as the deluxe and premium, they just use less extensive heat pipes, ect. Depending on which version of BIOS the board comes with, you may OK. Are you in the US? If so I would venture to say that Newegg sells more of these boards than anyone and would most likely to be shipping later bios versions. You may be able to check with them and see what ver. the board has before you order.