HUTIL not detecing Samsung drives

i have 4xSamsung F1 1TB and 4xSamsung P120 250gig drives in my machine, but HUTIL doesn't detect any of them. they are all in RAID arrays - 6 of them on the onboard controller (motherboard=GA-EP45C-DS3R) and the other 2 on an Adaptec 1220SA.
HUTIL worked fine on my old mobo which had the ICH8R chipset, so i wonder if it's this new ICH10R chipset that's the issue.
has anyone else come across this?
3 answers Last reply
More about hutil detecing samsung drives
  1. Hutil v2.10 is not detecting any of the three Samsung Spinpoint F1 drives I have in my ICH9R chipset system either. HD501LJ or HD103. This utility seems to be as unreliable as the drives have turned out to be. I have been getting many WinXP "Delayed Write Errors" since using these drives. Many users on the Newegg-com website have been having similar problems. I do not think I will ever buy Samsung drives again.
  2. Hutil (like many low level drive test utilities) can on only detect drives connected to STANDARD drive controllers, not RAID controllers.
  3. markearly said:
    Hutil v2.10 is not detecting any of the three Samsung Spinpoint F1 drives I have in my ICH9R chipset system either. HD501LJ or HD103. This utility seems to be as unreliable as the drives have turned out to be. I have been getting many WinXP "Delayed Write Errors" since using these drives. Many users on the Newegg-com website have been having similar problems. I do not think I will ever buy Samsung drives again.

i've never had an issue with my Samsung drives. i've not really used anything else though.
    as for the "Delayed Writes" - i got those recently when i messed around in my BIOS. my Gigabyte board had some setting to do with SATA legacy control, and that just messed things up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Chipsets Samsung Storage